9000 series launching in October - worth the wait?

Cs342

What will performance be like compared to the GTX 700 series? What do you guys think about getting a 770 now vs waiting for the new cards to come out first?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I don't think anyone could accurately answer either of those questions...

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Imo the best deal with Nvidia right now is 760 or 780 (fucking beast of a card)

I would WAAAAAIT

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Also wait for shadowplay, that could be an influencing decision if you record alot.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I would say wait, but no body can say whether or not that the 9000 series will be better than the 700 series.

I know it will be a powerful competitor to the 700s they most likely waited for Nvidia to release so the could have the advantage, as far as I've seen the 9970 is a titan killer. I will be getting 1 or 2 9970s because of built in recording and MEGA performance.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

("I'm a Fanboy of Everything")
| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

Imo the best deal with Nvidia right now is 760 or 780 (fucking beast of a card)

I would WAAAAAIT

Im confused, teh first line  is pro nvidia and the second line is AMD. Anyways due to the driver problems Nvidia would be a no go as no one has an idea of how long it will be before they solve the issue and AMD are going to beat Nvidia in many things due to games developing for them. Also FREE GAMES ROOOAAAAR.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Im confused, teh first line  is pro nvidia and the second line is AMD. Anyways due to the driver problems Nvidia would be a no go as no one has an idea of how long it will be before they solve the issue and AMD are going to beat Nvidia in many things due to games developing for them. Also FREE GAMES ROOOAAAAR.

What driver issue

What driver issue

The two latest drivers that nvidia have released showed an issue with some games where the textures were discoloured or the textures would increase in size. There are also some reported of crashing. I hope they get their drivers together, it sucks that many people are having problems.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The two latest drivers that nvidia have released showed an issue with some games where the textures were discoloured or the textures would increase in size. There are also some reported of crashing. I hope they get their drivers together, it sucks that many people are having problems.

October is a LONG wait though, do you think I should just get a GTX 770 now?

October is a LONG wait though, do you think I should just get a GTX 770 now?

If I was in your position in which you have £100 more then my budget then wait for Nvidia to sort their problems out and then buy the card as they are great cards(get a 4gb version thats a must). You have another choice to buy a 7970 which once overclocked is quite a monster and you get free games which are always cool to get. Lastly you can buck up and wait for the 9000 series, its hard to choose but I would get the 7970 as the free games are games I wouldnt be able to get as I never torrent so thats my choice. I faced the choice between the 7870 xt, 7950, gtx 760 and I got the 7870 xt because it came with 5 games which is crazy awesome even if the 760 is more powerful the fact that I get games great.

Listen if you care.

i really dont think they are going to skip 8000 series. why would they do that? and that 9970 might be a lie to since its ony a roumor.if i were you i would of get a 770

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

i really dont think they are going to skip 8000 series. why would they do that? and that 9970 might be a lie to since its ony a roumor.if i were you i would of get a 770

They have already released the 8000 series, those are just OEM cards

I am debating this for my new build.

I wonder how much their new cards will cost. The top-end cards have really gone up in price these past 1-2 years. If AMD has a single-gpu "Titan killer" it will be very interesting see if it will cost the same as a Titan today or less (I can't possibly see it cost more).

It will also be interesting to see if they solve the frame latency, both via software in their coming drivers, and via hardware with the 9000 series.

I would like to wait but at the same time I've got free time now, until the end of September. When the new cards arrive (probably available by the end of October) I won't have much time to use them on a daily basis. Typical.

I'm pretty sure the 9970 will be around 600 since its AMD (always get what you pay for) and top of the line the rest of the cards will be maybe a 15-20% increase since they are new and faster AMD isn't super greedy like Nvidia and they always sell more since they are cheaper at the same power. I dont believe they will solve that issue with drivers just possibly implement Radeon pros utility into CCC. In any case I cant wait to get my hands on a few of them.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

("I'm a Fanboy of Everything")
| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

If u want : 

-OpenCL

-FPS

then go with amd but if u want : 

-Physx

-Shadowplay

-TXAA

-FXAA

-GPU boost 2.0

then go with nvidia

I reccomend Nvidia

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

If u want : 

-OpenCL

-FPS

then go with amd but if u want : 

-Physx

-Shadowplay

-TXAA

-FXAA

-GPU boost 2.0

then go with nvidia

I reccomend Nvidia

That's not exactly a fair list of features, FXAA works on any graphics card not just Nvidia cards.

As for TXAA, here is what HardOCP had to say about it :

Overall, TXAA should be avoided. We don't know how this quality of TXAA got implemented into the game and left there. It seems like somebody took the day off when quality control of TXAA image quality rolled around that day. TXAA destroys the gameplay experience in Crysis 3.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/12/crysis_3_video_card_performance_iq_review/9#.UdixMm2C6Uk

GPU Boost 2.0 is actually doing more harm than good, that's why Linus's 770 performed worse than his 680.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQAbBU43mpo

PhysX (in borderlands 2 at least) can be efficiently run on the CPU.

PhysX.png

http://www.techspot.com/review/577-borderlands-2-performance/page5.html

Shadowplay is cool, but hasn't been launched yet.

Now, back to the issue at hand, I would recommend waiting for the 9000 series regardless if you actually intend to buy a 9000 series card or not, because the least it will do is affect pricing on the current generation of cards.

That's not exactly a fair list of features, FXAA works on any graphics card not just Nvidia cards.

As for TXAA, here is what HardOCP had to say about it :

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/12/crysis_3_video_card_performance_iq_review/9#.UdixMm2C6Uk

GPU Boost 2.0 is actually doing more harm than good, that's why Linus's 770 performed worse than his 680.

PhysX (in borderlands 2 at least) can be efficiently run on the CPU.

PhysX.png

http://www.techspot.com/review/577-borderlands-2-performance/page5.html

Shadowplay is cool, but hasn't been launched yet.

Now, back to the issue at hand, I would recommend waiting for the 9000 series regardless if you actually intend to buy a 9000 series card or not, because the least it will do is affect pricing on the current generation of cards.

Well there goes my hope of playing the latest games at ultra settings this summer :( My 460 is really struggling with some titles

Well there goes my hope of playing the latest games at ultra settings this summer :( My 460 is really struggling with some titles

with wich titles does your 460 struggle? mine almost doesnt struggle the only title i noticed it struggling was crysis 3

I wouldn't wait.

AMD's cards will be rehashes just like most of the 700 series from Nvidia was. And they will perform the same.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

if you can afford to wait,then i would suggest you to wait.Even it just a rehash which is not confirmed,at least it would affect the pricing of current gen card.

I wouldn't wait.

AMD's cards will be rehashes just like most of the 700 series from Nvidia was. And they will perform the same.

You have 0 evidence to support your claims, in fact i have evidence that refutes your claims.

You keep making anti-AMD comments on every thread you happen to stumble upon, this needs to stop immediately. It goes against the core values of this forum.

No one but AMD knows how it will compare against the current 700 series cards, but judging from the history of these companies GPU releases, it's just a game of leap frog. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

You have 0 evidence to support your claims, in fact i have evidence that refutes your claims.

You keep making anti-AMD comments on every thread you happen to stumble upon, this needs to stop immediately. It goes against the core values of this forum.

Provide me with that "evidence". Judging from the AMD picture on your twitter and your general posts, you are a heavy AMD fanboy who will stop at nothing to try shine a light at what once was a decent company.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/20/amds-volcanic-islands-architecture/

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.