I don't understand the classifieds

Harry76

I want to buy something from the classifieds and was wondering, is there any buyer protection? What's to stop the seller from just not sending me the item once the money is in his account? Is it an honesty system? I don't get it, someone please explain

MY COMPUTER-

Motherboard: ASRock B85-M Pro 4, Graphics card: MSI Radeon R9 280 Gaming 3GB, CPU: Intel i5 4590 Stock Cooler, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Case: My Beloved Phanteks Enthoo Pro :wub: PSU: Cougar PowerX 700W Storage: 1x Segate 1TB 1x WD Blue 250GB 1x WD Blue 350GB, Wireless Adapter: TP Link WN881ND, Monitor: BenQ VZ2350.                      To Learn how to troll, Click here

Honesty.

Last transaction I did with a member (was the only one) we paid for eachother's shipping via PayPal to show that some form of transaction was made between us - we were trading.

I want to buy something from the classifieds and was wondering, is there any buyer protection? What's to stop the seller from just not sending me the item once the money is in his account? Is it an honesty system? I don't get it, someone please explain

Well only people on here with a high(er) amount of likes can sell..

Which makes them kind of creditable and doesn't paypal have something to protect you or nah?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well only people on here with a high(er) amount of likes can sell..

Which makes them kind of creditable and doesn't paypal have something to protect you or nah?

Gonna be Using direct deposit

MY COMPUTER-

Motherboard: ASRock B85-M Pro 4, Graphics card: MSI Radeon R9 280 Gaming 3GB, CPU: Intel i5 4590 Stock Cooler, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Case: My Beloved Phanteks Enthoo Pro :wub: PSU: Cougar PowerX 700W Storage: 1x Segate 1TB 1x WD Blue 250GB 1x WD Blue 350GB, Wireless Adapter: TP Link WN881ND, Monitor: BenQ VZ2350.                      To Learn how to troll, Click here

Its pretty much a honesty system, but there is protection if you use Paypal. About the only time you wouldn't use Paypal is if its local, so its not too bad of a system.

Classifieds are outside of forum moderation in sense that any transactions made are between users. Moderation and LMG has no obligation to help to solve situations. Other than banning one or both users.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Honesty, and PayPal

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."