Is 50dcb loud for my pc?

IMPERIUS

I've measured about 50dcb all around the system (with some drops to 40 where there are no fans etc). I've held my phone VERY close to the case like 5cm away from it and measured all the case fans and the cpu/gpu area.

Note I did all this with the side panels on. System was just used for browsing the web

I have the Enthoo pro with its stock coolers, i5-4440 with stock cooler, Sapphire r9 280 with stock coolers

Is that loud or quiet for my system? How loud is yours? What can I do to reduce noise? 

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

What matters is whether the noise bothers you..

That said, 50 is on the high side. I usually aim for less than 40 under max load.

Stock cooler on CPU and stock cooler on r9 280, would be pretty loud to my standards.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

What matters is whether the noise bothers you..

That said, 50 is on the high side. I usually aim for less than 40 under max load.

Stock cooler on CPU and stock cooler on r9 280, would be pretty loud to my standards.

I know but the only reference if its loud or not was my old rig which probaly has 200dcb (will check tomorrow as well as the noise levels under load).

I was thinking that too but I got 50dcb in front of the main 200mm fan and about 45dcb in the rear 120/140mm exhaust fan and on the window (cpu and gpu area)

I do consider upgrading my cpu cooler because of the looks tho but I don't want to mess with my gpu's cooler...

Um why are you asking us if it's loud?

Only you know what's loud to your own ears..

Because I don't know if its loud or not, the only reference I have are laptops, school pcs (which don't have any load except the browser and are without the gpu so that takes them away from the comparison) and my old rig (which probably has 200dcb, will check tomorrow)

SNIP

Doesn't matter what your reference is..

If it's too loud, you will know.

If you care about making it quieter, get a cheapish aftermarket cooler by be quiet or something and maybe an aftermarket cooler for your GPU.

BTW there is no 200decibel :P The theoretical maximum is something like 194, and that is LOUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDD :D 

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

Doesn't matter what your reference is..

If it's too loud, you will know.

If you care about making it quieter, get a cheapish aftermarket cooler by be quiet or something and maybe an aftermarket cooler for your GPU.

I don't think its too loud when not under load but if I was gaming without my headphones then yeah, I could hear it but it doesn't bother me too much

I was looking at the dark rock 3 and I don't want to mess with my gpu's cooler for now

BTW there is no 200decibel :P The theoretical maximum is something like 194, and that is LOUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDD :D

No? I thought it was just 4x as loud as my pc which would be something like my phone ringing haha

I don't think its too loud when not under load but if I was gaming without my headphones then yeah, I could hear it but it doesn't bother me too much

I was looking at the dark rock 3 and I don't want to mess with my gpu's cooler for now

Considering your CPU is stock locked, the GPU will be the loudest thing in your PC.

I know but the only reference if its loud or not was my old rig which probaly has 200dcb (will check tomorrow as well as the noise levels under load).

I was thinking that too but I got 50dcb in front of the main 200mm fan and about 45dcb in the rear 120/140mm exhaust fan and on the window (cpu and gpu area)

I do consider upgrading my cpu cooler because of the looks tho but I don't want to mess with my gpu's cooler...

This might help, it's the dB(A) scale people refer to when they compare noise to leaves rustling etc. It should give you an indication of what is loud and what is not.

Honestly, based on the components you mentioned, stock coolers and a 200mm fan I can't imagine I'd appreciate the noise but if it doesn't bother you, you shouldn't change anything. 

A good air cooler like the Noctua U14S (since you won't be overclocking with your CPU anyway) will be loads quieter than the stock cooler. It's worth giving a look.

Yeah, don't mess with your GPU's cooler. Short from water cooling it (not recommended for a 280 and WB's for 280(X)'s are pretty scarce) or buying a quieter GPU all you can do is make sure you have plenty of fresh air going towards your GPU so that the cooler doesn't have to work as hard.

This might help, it's the dB(A) scale people refer to when they compare noise to leaves rustling etc. It should give you an indication of what is loud and what is not.

Honestly, based on the components you mentioned, stock coolers and a 200mm fan I can't imagine I'd appreciate the noise but if it doesn't bother you, you shouldn't change anything. 

A good air cooler like the Noctua U14S (since you won't be overclocking with your CPU anyway) will be loads quieter than the stock cooler. It's worth giving a look.

Yeah, don't mess with your GPU's cooler. Short from water cooling it (not recommended for a 280 and WB's for 280(X)'s are pretty scarce) or buying a quieter GPU all you can do is make sure you have plenty of fresh air going towards your GPU so that the cooler doesn't have to work as hard.

Anything but noctua because it looks like shit (literally). If I would upgrade my cpu cooler I would take a look at the hyper 212, dark rock 3 or similar. Since I won't be ocing my cpu I can be very picky with the looks and the DR3 seems to have it. But I don't know if that huuge heatsink would bother me or not, I kinda like the look now that I can see everything.

And I was also thinking about adding more fans (the same ones as there are now)

That is a tad on the loud side, yeah... loudest thing in my rig is a 3000rpm fan sitting at 41dB (when ramped up) and I consider that way too loud.

I'd look at replacing the cpu cooler, something with a 120 or 140 fan in it (bigger the fan, lower the rpm, lower the volume). Unless you're going to watercool the GPU, don't bother playing with it. Maybe clean it out if it needed it but, that'd be it.

212 evo would be a good idea, rather affordable and quick upgrade.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Anything but noctua because it looks like shit (literally).

:o How dare you??! I'll probably have a heart attack the day I drop a deuce that's beige and tan brown.. :P

I don't mind the Noctua colors, it's about what they represent but I understand that other's hate it. :)

Be Quiet have some very well performing (and good looking) smaller heatsinks. You don't need a giant one like the DR3 for your CPU anyway.

Check out the Dark Rock Advanced C1 or Shadow Rock Slim.

:o How dare you??! I'll probably have a heart attack the day I drop a deuce that's beige and tan brown.. :P

I don't mind the Noctua colors, it's about what they represent but I understand that other's hate it. :)

Be Quiet have some very well performing (and good looking) smaller heatsinks. You don't need a giant one like the DR3 for your CPU anyway.

Check out the Dark Rock Advanced C1 or Shadow Rock Slim.

How is the C1's size compared to the DR3? And I was also looking at the top flow cooler because it looks very funky but I'm not sure how I feel about its heatpipes being on just 1 side. I'm skrt of a lerfectionist where everything must be simetrical. Yes im weird

No? I thought it was just 4x as loud as my pc which would be something like my phone ringing haha

Decibel scale is logarithmic. So going up 10db is 10x louder than previous point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Its kinda high, If you change your cpu cooler for a cheap aftermarket air cooler, you will see a big change in noise and you will be happy

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things