Massive Android flaw lets hackers ‘take over’ and ‘control’ 99% of Android devices (updated)

SirReallySam

you can only get it if you download stuff outside of the play store, so this is just bullshit news, every one knew this xD

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

you can only get it if you download stuff outside of the play store, so this is just bullshit news, every one knew this xD

That is true, just like any other OS platform if you install a Virus.... You install a virus. I was just shocked by the other people sending messages from my phone! XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

http://www.androidcentral.com/making-sense-latest-android-security-scare

Apparently it doesn't affect rooted users or custom roms.

HAHA! Yes, thank god i rooted and flashed a rom on my phone;)

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

iPhone. That is all. 

http://www.phonearena.com/news/iPhone-more-vulnerable-than-Android-BB-and-WP-combined_id41258 thats why ios can be jailbroken by jailbreak developers, they bypass the security, find a hole and exploit.

Edited by Darell3

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

ShadyHost, on 06 Jul 2013 - 5:56 PM, said:

Meh. Thats one random site I have never heard of. When was the last time you heard of Apple having a huge leak of data?

Lol. That's like saying LTT forums is one random site some person hasn't heard of. PhoneArena is such a big site. It has a youtube channel. Don't dismiss it because the source is something "you haven't heard off". And to that, the last time I heard of Apple's leak was:

http://www.infoworld.com/t/cloud-security/apple-icloud-breach-proves-wozniaks-point-about-cloud-risks-199450

Edited by GabrielTan

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

So only download and install stuff from the Play Store. Don't install anything from un-official sources.

Essentially: Don't blindly trust that software is safe.

Isn't this what every PC security expert has been saying for the last 40 odd years?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Lol. That's like saying LTT forums is one random site some person hasn't heard of. PhoneArena is such a big site. It has a youtube channel. Don't dismiss it because the source is something "you haven't heard off".

But honestly, I love Android PHONES but not Android the OS. 

I was considering an HTC One because it has Apple-like build quality. I was going to suffer through the adjustment from iOS to Android. But I have never heard of any kind of backdoor issue with iOS that would affect 900 million devices. 

Shows that Apple's model of hardware/software for mobile devices being made by the same company will pay off in the end. 

I am a hardcore PC user but everyone in my family has a Macbook including me. I am by no means an Apple fanboy. 

Lol. That's like saying LTT forums is one random site some person hasn't heard of. PhoneArena is such a big site. It has a youtube channel. Don't dismiss it because the source is something "you haven't heard off". And to that, the last time I heard of Apple's leak was:

http://www.infoworld.com/t/cloud-security/apple-icloud-breach-proves-wozniaks-point-about-cloud-risks-199450

That sharply shut him up :) 

Despise fanboys. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15