What is going on with Bitcoins?

Hey guys,

I'm on vacation right now and I don't have my laptop with me, so I'm unable to look up a lot of news.

I've seen that the price dropped like 25 USD in only a few days, does anyone know what happened? Or did it just happen?

nothing really, just a lot of speculation about LTC going to mtgox and many traders are jumping to LTC so volume is down and price is going down a lil.... 

this is my opinion, if there is something else I am ignorant of that at the moment.

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

nothing really, just a lot of speculation about LTC going to mtgox and many traders are jumping to LTC so volume is down and price is going down a lil.... 

this is my opinion, if there is something else I am ignorant of that at the moment.

I would say that in addition to this, that the fact that ASIC miners are finally starting to ship, pushing up the difficulty and that would potentially drive the price down slightly more.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's a volatile market.

There is no speculation really possible and those that try end up causing panic buys/sells.

If I had to guess one of the factors with the recent dip it would be MT GOX and their suspending USD transfers (every other currency still available) plus the recent government shut downs all contribute in small ways.
ASICS are another factor, a lot of people spent tons on ASICS. Many of them are selling the coins immediately after mining them in order to make up for the initial price of the asic. 

With so many unknown factors, the price is still up really high when only 6 months ago the price was at $15.

Instead of panicking, now may be a good time to pick up a few extra coins.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Thanks you guys.

I'll get back in about 12 hours, so I hope that it doesn't make another big dip.

Bitcoins had their time in the light and now they are dead, it's just that simple.

Edited by brownninja97

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Bitcoins had their time in the light and now they are dead, it's just that simple.

And so had the Insprion 620, but you're still using one.

Bitcoin is far from dead. If the mass media isn't on something doesn't mean that it's dead.

And so had the Insprion 620, but you're still using one.

Bitcoin is far from dead. If the mass media isn't on something doesn't mean that it's dead.

Do you think I like this piece of ****. I hate it, I really hate it, im getting a bitfenix shinobi after I get money from a customer in a week. In about a month this scrap is getting thrown out the window. When did the insprion have the lime light anyways.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

More selling than buying is the usual culprit.