sapphire dual-x r9 280 vs r9 285

LionK72
Go to solution Solved by david cassar,

yaa in performence there is no huge diffrant but the mantal api can really hel and boost preformence. the 285 crashed the 280 in bf4

Umm no. The mantle api works to alleviate cpu bottlenecking. The mantle api doesn't give the 285 an edge over the 280. Also no, a 285 performs the same in bf4, if not worse.

67201.png

i want to upgrade my pc and my choices are both sapphire dual x but one is the r9 285 and the other is the 280 (i dont live in us or canda so the 960 is way mor pricy from them two). my most demanding game is bf4 and i want it too live as long as possible. the problem is the future proof the 285 has lots more fetures but the 280 has more ram so i cant choose.

please help :)

i want to upgrade my pc and my choices are both sapphire dual x but one is the r9 285 and the other is the 280 (i dont live in us or canda so the 960 is way mor pricy from them two). my most demanding game is bf4 and i want it too live as long as possible. the problem is the future proof the 285 has lots more fetures but the 280 has more ram so i cant choose.

please help :)

There is almost no difference in terms of performance between the two. Get the 280 because it has 50% more vram. All in all this means that the 280 is going to be much more future proof than the r9 285.

There is almost no difference in terms of performance between the two. Get the 280 because it has 50% more vram. All in all this means that the 280 is going to be much more future proof than the r9 285.

yaa in performence there is no huge diffrant but the mantal api can really hel and boost preformence. the 285 crashed the 280 in bf4

Umm no. The mantle api works to alleviate cpu bottlenecking. The mantle api doesn't give the 285 an edge over the 280. Also no, a 285 performs the same in bf4, if not worse.

67201.png