Water Cooled RAM?

So last night i was chilling in bed browsing new egg checking out the Fans & PC cooling options then i saw something that peaked my interest Memory and chip set cooling... After browsing for a while i came across the Akust Liquid Ramsink -1 Pack Link -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3TR18A4997&cm_re=Akust_liquid-_-9SIA3TR18A4997-_-Product 

Is this even reasonable Would you benefit from it Performance wise i honestly would be interested in seeing Linus cover this

nope.

memory doesnt even need the metal hetsink it already has, let alone a waterblock

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

obviously a cooler ram stick will overlock further, however they dont get excessively hot any who and the current heat syncs do a good job. if ram and heat were a real issue there would be a thermal interface between the ram and the heat sync, all the ones I've come across simply touch the ram DIMMS

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

So last night i was chilling in bed browsing new egg checking out the Fans & PC cooling options then i saw something that peaked my interest Memory and chip set cooling... After browsing for a while i came across the Akust Liquid Ramsink -1 Pack Link -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3TR18A4997&cm_re=Akust_liquid-_-9SIA3TR18A4997-_-Product 

Is this even reasonable Would you benefit from it Performance wise i honestly would be interested in seeing Linus cover this

No benefit from watercooling RAM, passive airflow is more than enough to cool RAM.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

RAM can get a little hot when overclocked. Not much to cause concern though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

RAM modules don't even really need a heatsink, let alone a waterblock for liquid cooling. Pretty much the only people that use liquid cooling for their RAM are the people that like to flaunt all their money over us peasants.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I was not planning on using this at all but it did in fact spark my intrest

that water block it stupid. what if i have more than that one stick them im screwed. Plus its not even worth it, there is literally zero performance benefits.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

It was included in a water cooled system he built, skip to 2:52 to get directly to the RAM cooling block.

If your pc is mounted in your oven then the RAM cooler will be useful  :lol: but really they are cool  :D to have if you can.

So in general water cooling ram stupid idea but what about the Air cooling for ram are those even practical

It's a true fact that the electronic components such as RAM perform better cooler, though this is only reflected in real world use when the temperatures approach or exceed the manufacturers defined limits for the component.

It's circumstantial if it'll benefit you, perhaps over clocking your RAM by a significant amount such as by over an additional 50% or if you case suffers from poor air flow and the hot air from graphics cards and your cpu is raising system temps then an air cooler could help preserve your RAM for longer.

I've seen a RAM module A corsair DDR2 can't remember the exact model with the heatsink/cover melted at one end where it was right next to a stock AMD cooler on a Phenom II x4, the own reported no issues through out its use. (Dust was heavily built up in the system)

So they're very hardy pieces if equipment, if you're investing in a build I'd skip any additional cooling for RAM and spend more on CPU cooling.