NAS fails to boot form cold. Reboot and we're away

So i've got a peculiar one here; my NAS will often fail to boot correctly from cold however if I force shut it down and reboot, Windows loads fine. The system will start, fans spin but no display is given and the OS does not initialize. From what I can see the RAID controller and board also fail to post. What makes this more complex is that I then have to restart Windows again for my RAID controller to be recognized. 

The hardware configuration is as follows

• GA-Z97N WiFi ITX 1150 Z97 Board
  • 4GB (2x2) G.Skill 1.65V non ECC RAM
  • G3258 @ stock
  • LSI 9207-8i HBA - card had overheating issues and has had Noctua 40mm added - a replacement chipset cooler is currently in the mail
    •  4 x 4TB Barracuda
    • 2 x 1TB Red
    • 2 x 1TB ES.2 SATA
  • DS380 chassis with 450W SFX PSU

I have seen issues with Intel RAID controllers which are rebadged LSI units failing to be able to be configured correctly on some Gigabyte boards however this HBA recognizes drives and works under FlexRAID once the card is finally detected.

I've just done the 2nd reboot and it's taken approximately 5 minutes to shutdown and then reboot and is currently posting through the controller test screen and motherboard splash screen.

I'm going to take the RAID controller out and see how we go. 

Ideas?

I'm surprised you think you might get a serious answer to such a complex problem. With how people are on here if you cant figure it out, it wont be an easy fix

I'm surprised you think you might get a serious answer to such a complex problem. With how people are on here if you cant figure it out, it wont be an easy fix

Contemplating asking WHT or STH (server forums) - also contemplating selling the card, getting a new board or running the card in my main rig and JBODing with 8088 adapters the existing hotswap chassis.

Contemplating asking WHT or STH (server forums) - also contemplating selling the card, getting a new board or running the card in my main rig and JBODing with 8088 adapters the existing hotswap chassis.

Youre better off posting there any seeing if they have input before spending hundreds on new hardware. Unless you want new hardware, nothing wrong with that xD

Okay so shut down - now it fails to boot once the board posts. This is fracked.

So further testing definately confirms that it is the HBA causing the issues. System boots immediately with HBA removed.

Mystery is solved - LSI cards do not like Gigabyte boards.