What to get now? No RGB Blue switch keyboards from Corsair :(

Ishraq

I am quite a bit disappointed in Corsair with their lack of RGB keyboards with blue switches. They're the only company I know of that offer decent media keys, macro keys and wrist rests. Could anyone guide me into where I could find an RGB keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches?

Razer do the blackwidow RGB (chroma whatever) in Razer greens, which are basically just remade blues

Aha... thanks for the quick reply... I've heard of these Razer ones... do you know if they are any good?

Aha... thanks for the quick reply... I've heard of these Razer ones... do you know if they are any good?

i have one and they are amazing love the sound and everything,, but i havent had a corsair keyboard before so i cant really compare the 2 

Some people complain about the Khail switch that Razer uses. They're made in China and have a slightly different feel than the traditional cherry ones. I would try to go into a store with a decent inventory out and see which one you like the most.

I think most of the switch testers out there only include the cherry switches but I could be wrong. If you are not in a rush and do not have a large electronics store nearby that might be a route to explore.

My two keyboards are a Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth and a Poker 2 with brown switches. I like them both equally....

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

The razer is pretty much the closest thing you'll find. Logitech has an RGB keyboard, but it uses weird omron switches, and the key shapes are crap. Linus did a video on it. The only other RGb and mechanical keybooard I can think of is the yet-to-be-released steelseries Apex, but that uses it's own switches too, and I'm pretty sure they are linear. Other than that, I don't think there are any RGB mechanical keyboards on the market. 

I have a daskeyboard 4, and while it does not have RGB lighting, it does have really nice media keys. 

Keep in mind that the Razer has media keys that are only accessible from using fn combinations, they are not dedicated keys...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I share your problem Ishraq. I am from the netherlands and the razer chroma is my best option I can buy.

Instead of blue you can also get brown one that are pretty simmular but withou the click sound. But in the netherlands a corsair is €200 and the razer is €120.

• 5 weeks later...

I share your problem Ishraq. I am from the netherlands and the razer chroma is my best option I can buy.

Instead of blue you can also get brown one that are pretty simmular but withou the click sound. But in the netherlands a corsair is €200 and the razer is €120.

The razer is pretty much the closest thing you'll find. Logitech has an RGB keyboard, but it uses weird omron switches, and the key shapes are crap. Linus did a video on it. The only other RGb and mechanical keybooard I can think of is the yet-to-be-released steelseries Apex, but that uses it's own switches too, and I'm pretty sure they are linear. Other than that, I don't think there are any RGB mechanical keyboards on the market. 

I have a daskeyboard 4, and while it does not have RGB lighting, it does have really nice media keys. 

Keep in mind that the Razer has media keys that are only accessible from using fn combinations, they are not dedicated keys...

Some people complain about the Khail switch that Razer uses. They're made in China and have a slightly different feel than the traditional cherry ones. I would try to go into a store with a decent inventory out and see which one you like the most.

I think most of the switch testers out there only include the cherry switches but I could be wrong. If you are not in a rush and do not have a large electronics store nearby that might be a route to explore.

My two keyboards are a Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth and a Poker 2 with brown switches. I like them both equally....

i have one and they are amazing love the sound and everything,, but i havent had a corsair keyboard before so i cant really compare the 2 

Thank you all for the reply... maybe I might get a razer one, but I cannot not have the clacky sounds :///.

Thank you all for the reply... maybe I might get a razer one, but I cannot not have the clacky sounds :///.

Well, the Razer switches, to me at least, feel more "plasticky" than traditional Cherry switches.. I don't like it but you might.

Also, you want the "Razer Orange" switches if you want a lack of clack.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||