Sapphire Dual-X 7870 OC Cooler replacement

I make a mistake when trying to move the HDD and accidentally touch the back pcb of my graphics card with my HDD (I use custom-made case). it creates a spark and my fan gpu is not working anymore (glad the GPU is OK). Now i'm running on stock heatsink (gpu fan and cover removed) and use 2 12cm fan (which is molex and it's noisy).

I got 60-ish on gaming and up to 81'c on stress test. (ambient temp is around 26-30'c. yes it's hot)

is this configs ok? if not, what aftermarket cooler should i choose for my GPU? thanks  :)

CPU:  i5 4690 Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz Graphics Card: Sapphire HD7870 OC Intel HD4600  MSI R9 270X HAWX Storage: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm, 120GB WDC Scorpio 5400 rpm PSU: Corsair VS550 Chassis: Custom Open Air Case OS: Windows 8.1 X64 Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical Mousepad: Roccat Taito Keyboard: Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-770i

The temperatures are ok, what fans are you using? Maybe with better fans you'll get better results (for cheaper than a full heatsink).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The temperatures are ok, what fans are you using? Maybe with better fans you'll get better results (for cheaper than a full heatsink).

just some cheapo molex fans for ~$2. i want to use the pwm one but i don't know if i can adjust the speed from the gpu temps.

CPU:  i5 4690 Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz Graphics Card: Sapphire HD7870 OC Intel HD4600  MSI R9 270X HAWX Storage: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm, 120GB WDC Scorpio 5400 rpm PSU: Corsair VS550 Chassis: Custom Open Air Case OS: Windows 8.1 X64 Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical Mousepad: Roccat Taito Keyboard: Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-770i

See if any of these are compatible.

http://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/products/cooling/vga.html?dir=asc&order=price

Or just replace those ghetto fans you made work with something better.

did this cooler uses pwm pin on the graphics card or from otherboard? i never use any aftermarket gpu cooler before  :D

did this cooler uses pwm pin on the graphics card or from otherboard? i never use any aftermarket gpu cooler before  :D

Accelero Twin Turbo II - Says it uses PWM

Plus the picture shows it uses 2 PWM>Molex, I'm guessing it  has a default fan profile or somehow software adjustable.

One thing that stands out

"Equipped with a PWM controller, the fan always runs at the optimal speed according to the load generated by the GPU"

accelero_twin_turbo_ii_g06.png

Reviews

http://www.overclockers.com/TTII_S1PLUS_Review/<-uses a 7870 Hawk

Another one of their products used on a 7870

This can give you an idea of the process involved...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

just some cheapo molex fans for ~$2. i want to use the pwm one but i don't know if i can adjust the speed from the gpu temps.

In your situation you could buy a couple of noctua nf-f12 fans, they are amongst the best on the market and are quieter than most while offering great performance. They would come at about 40$ (for two), they come both with and without PWM afaik. Since your heatsink is fine I'd go with this option, it's cheaper than an accelero, doesn't give as many problems when installing and might perform better. It won't automatically adjust its speed with the gpu though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*