New to Anime

cjm86

So I'm 10 episodes through Death Note and I'm hooked. I'm hoping there's more anime out there like this. Next I'm watching Attack on Titan, I hope its as good as Death Note cause Death Note is impressive.

Sager NP8278-S--CPU-i7-4710MQ--GPU-GTX 970m 6GB--RAM-8GB--Storage-128GB SSD and 1TB HDD--Mouse-Steelseries Rival--Headset-Kingston HyperX Cloud

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8278-S.html

Let's just say Death Note starts better than it ends.. and AoT is similar in that way but better imo due to 'dat first episode'.

Nothing like Death Note in particular comes to mind but a similar protagonist can be found in Code Geass. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

AoT isn't great IMO. A lot of people worship it for reasons I don't understand.

One of my favorite anime is Log Horizon. I also thought Fairy Tail was good (a lot of filler later though) as well as Trigun.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Check out Guilty Crown. It's directed by the same person who directed both Death Note and Attack on Titan.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

Check out Guilty Crown. It's directed by the same person who directed both Death Note and Attack on Titan.

Except Guilty Crown was pure shit in comparison.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I hear it might good for anyone who's never watched any other anime before.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I actually dropped it myself but who knows? He's watching Tetsuro Araki's other works so he may like his style.

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

Ill check them all out, thanks for the recommendations.

Let's just say Death Note starts better than it ends.. and AoT is similar in that way but better imo due to 'dat first episode'.

Nothing like Death Note in particular comes to mind but a similar protagonist can be found in Code Geass. 

AoT isn't great IMO. A lot of people worship it for reasons I don't understand.

One of my favorite anime is Log Horizon. I also thought Fairy Tail was good (a lot of filler later though) as well as Trigun.

Sager NP8278-S--CPU-i7-4710MQ--GPU-GTX 970m 6GB--RAM-8GB--Storage-128GB SSD and 1TB HDD--Mouse-Steelseries Rival--Headset-Kingston HyperX Cloud

Attack on Titan is quite a bit different from Death Note. Death Note is a battle of the wits, while attack on titan is well... fight for your lives!

I'd tag the clubs members so they could give you recommendations, but I want to see how many will spot your thread and post on their own. Or if any of them will tag the members themselves. 

Happy Anime Watching!

sample_a13adc0c0fc97a30fff6196104c66dd62

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Death Note was good untill about half of the episodes then it wasnt so good but I enjoyed it anyway.

I watched AoT and that is really good but if you want more simmilar experience like Death Note then I would recommend Code Geass or Parasyte. While both of those I liked a LOT more than Death Note because they were entirely good to the end not just to the half.

Psycho-Pass?

Its a good one, I just finished watching it. Its set in a future society where people are scanned and judged based on their mental state, personality and likelyhood to commit a crime. If they're judged to be above a certain value, they're arrested or executed.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Attack on Titan is quite a bit different from Death Note. Death Note is a battle of the wits, while attack on titan is well... fight for your lives!

I'd tag the clubs members so they could give you recommendations, but I want to see how many will spot your thread and post on their own. Or if any of them will tag the members themselves. 

Happy Anime Watching!

sample_a13adc0c0fc97a30fff6196104c66dd62

The story/plot in Death Note is like I have to know whats next. lol I think I'll like "fight for your lives" also. I like the art in Death Note also. Whenever I used to think of anime I thought Dragonball Z and instantly thought kiddie shit. Im 28 and like more serious stuff. Of course i like the funny stuff also, but Death Notes plot just hooked me in.

Psycho-Pass?

Its a good one, I just finished watching it. Its set in a future society where people are scanned and judged based on their mental state, personality and likelyhood to commit a crime. If they're judged to be above a certain value, they're arrested or executed.

That sound pretty interesting.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Attack on Titan will heavily disappoint you after a few episodes. It starts to drag its fee to a point where I actually changed tabs and forgot about it entirely.

Some of my suggestions:

• Future Diary (you might like this one)
  • Shingeki no Bahamut (this one is absolutely awesome!)
  • Fairy Tail
  • Hunter x Hunter (2011 version)
  • Dragon Ball + Dragon Ball Z (no Kai! Watch the uncut Funimation version *super violent, swear words, funny, original content!*)
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Kill la Kill *very different than most anime, extremely fun to watch*
  • Gundam
  • Hitsugi no Chaika
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Naruto Part 1

If you are looking for anime just like Death Note though, then I really only recommend out of my list is Future Diary. Whilst not identical in terms of story and character, same kind of twisted story and characters. It is a pretty fun watch.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Pretty much my thoughts.

Attack on Titan will heavily disappoint you after a few episodes. It starts to drag its fee to a point where I actually changed tabs and forgot about it entirely.

Some of my suggestions:

• Fairy Tail
  • Dragon Ball + Dragon Ball Z (no Kai! Watch the uncut Funimation version *super violent, swear words, funny, original content!*)
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Gundam
  • Hitsugi no Chaika
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Naruto Part 1
If you are looking for anime just like Death Note though, then I really only recommend out my list Future Diary. Whilst not identical in terms of story and character, same kind of twisted story and characters. It is a pretty fun watch.
Damn, the only reason I didn't recommend that one is because I feel like that's all I ever recommend. Of course it would fit the one time I don't recommend it. Lol

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Damn, the only reason I didn't recommend that one is because I feel like that's all I ever recommend. Of course it would fit the one time I don't recommend it. Lol

What, Future Diary?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Some of my suggestions:

• Fairy Tail
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Gundam
  • Hitsugi no Chaika
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Naruto Part 1

I heavily approve of one of the series on list. As someone who has spent considerable time assisting at getting the fan translations out, there is no way I could ever turn a blind eye to Spice and Wolf when I see it. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

What, Future Diary?

Yep, I think I recommended another anime besides it maybe once out of like 5 or 6 recommendations. Excluding this one.

Where is the best place to watch all this? Netflix doesnt have all of the stuff being recommended, it has some but not all.

Where is the best place to watch all this? Netflix doesnt have all of the stuff being recommended, it has some but not all.

Hulu. It generally has stuff from all the anime licensors although some shows may require a hulu plus subscription.

Main Rig:

Secondary/Folding Rig:

Try Hulu, Crunchyroll, Funimation or Random streaming sites.

Mirai nikki (Future Diary) is somehow violent, but it's extremely fun to watch, especially if you're the type who likes seeing blood all the time. But if you don't have the stomach for that, then you're probably looking for something like Houyka which is a very calm and interesting anime. Also, I would recommend "Another" if you like horror. For Comedy romance, you can try Sakurasou no pet na kanojou and Kokoro connect. :D

System:

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz, MSI z97 PC Mate, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 gaming, 4x2 Kingston HyperX blu 1600Mhz, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, Corsair CX600M PSU, Corsair AF120 Performance edition 3x, Xigmatek Stock fans 3x, Xigmatek Mach PC Case, Asus VX239H 1080p IPS LED 23". 

@Ragin Asian , just curious, is there a reason why I shouldn't use Prime95 with Haswell?

System:

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz, MSI z97 PC Mate, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 gaming, 4x2 Kingston HyperX blu 1600Mhz, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, Corsair CX600M PSU, Corsair AF120 Performance edition 3x, Xigmatek Stock fans 3x, Xigmatek Mach PC Case, Asus VX239H 1080p IPS LED 23".