Cube cases?

Jerakl

http://www.caselabs-store.com/mercury-s8/

One of the more affordable cases from caselabs, also it's cubed!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

http://www.caselabs-store.com/mercury-s8/

One of the more affordable cases from caselabs, also it's cubed!

I don't think "Caselabs" and "affordable" will ever fit into the same sentence.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

well, i have an Air 540, so i can tell you some stuff about it :P

it's pretty nice, but yes, other than the grill itself, the top and front panels are both completely plastic. it seems relatively smudge resistant, so that is good. the window is okay, i am quite careful around it, so i cannot speak for its scratch resistance. i do have a H110 in the top as intake(not something most people would do, i am guessing.) and it does get dusty, but before i had this i had nothing in the top, and i didn't notice any excessive amount of dust getting in. i haven't really noticed the hard drive cages rattling/shaking, but it did throw me a bit when i noticed the holes in the bottom of the thing.  my only real regret is that i didn't realize that i could've gotten a MATX motherboard and used the 240 ;p

I have an air 540.

It's a great case with a couple of exceptions:

Too few dust filters;

More cumbersome than I anticipated;

Isn't really "tool-less" like I'm sure it's claimed to be - the PCI slot screws needed a screwdriver, and the motherboard standoffs needed a pair of pliers, which I did not have, and had to go out and buy.

CoolerMaster HAF XB EVO is 90% steel, its built like a tank, doesn't flex at all.

6c23d6f9_HAF_XB_Pic_02.jpeg

Want it white? Paint or wrap it yourself

500x1000px-LL-b77fff13_2013-10-06_10.32.

maxresdefault.jpg

19.jpg

Right now it's pretty much between the 540 and xb evo.

Thoughts?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Right now it's pretty much between the 540 and xb evo.

Thoughts?

Both plasticy.

What are you willing to spend?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Both plasticy.

WHAT??!!! <_<  :wacko:  :blink:   The HAF XB is only plastic on the front benzel and its pretty sturdy all around, everything else is freaking cold rolled steel. What good shit are you smoking? 

http://youtu.be/ZhjoYbVX1XU?t=5m42s

Both plasticy.

I agree with arct. Just from the video you can see it's 80+% metal. Plastic doesn't have that visual texture :P

WHAT??!!! <_<  :wacko:  :blink:   The HAF XB is only plastic on the front benzel and its pretty sturdy all around, everything else is freaking cold rolled steel. What good shit are you smoking? 

http://youtu.be/ZhjoYbVX1XU?t=5m42s

What about the XB EVO? Do you know the difference between them? Because I sure don't.

I would say the Corsair Carbide Air 540. It has room for lots of rads and fans so you can probably water cool and do whatever you want!

• 8 months later...

I agree with arct. Just from the video you can see it's 80+% metal. Plastic doesn't have that visual texture :P

What about the XB EVO? Do you know the difference between them? Because I sure don't.

A little late to this party but the XB EVO is literally the exact same thing but they made the drive bays modular.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

A little late to this party but the XB EVO is literally the exact same thing but they made the drive bays modular.

Pretty late :P

I already got rid of my XB EVO

Thermaltake Core V21. Best cube case in my opinion. :)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460; MOBO: ASRock H97M-PRO4; RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 @ 1600MHz; SSD: A-Data SP600 128GB; HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB; GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB; PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W; Case: Thermaltake Core V21 w/ AF140 blue LED fan (exhaust); Monitor: Acer H226HQLBid 21.5" 60Hz 5ms IPS (GTG) HDMI

Pretty late :P

I already got rid of my XB EVO

Ah damn. Just not your style or did you think it was a bad case?

Ah damn. Just not your style or did you think it was a bad case?

Too little Hard drive space.

It was good other than that. Excellent case.

Too little Hard drive space.

It was good other than that. Excellent case.

Appreciate your input. I love my HAF X and have been considering the XB Evo for a future build.