Which of these two laptops for gaming

logicx

OP, go with the i7 model unless if you need the thin-ness of the i5 model. The GPU's are basically the same but the CPU will be much more powerful, however it will only benefit general usage and CPU intensive tasks, gaming will see little improvement.

940 > 840

They both have 384 Cuda cores, are clocked close to the same, based off of Maxwell, and are crippled by a 64bit DDR3 memory interface. They are essentially the same card, just with different names.

The i5 5200U (2.20GHz) and NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M is better for gaming. You don't need and i7, an i5 is fine for gaming. You save some money and even get a better graphics card (940>840)

OP, go with the i7 model unless if you need the thin-ness of the i5 model. The GPU's are basically the same but the CPU will be much more powerful, however it will only benefit general usage and CPU intensive tasks, gaming will see little improvement.

They both have 384 Cuda cores, are clocked close to the same, based off of Maxwell, and are crippled by a 64bit DDR3 memory interface. They are essentially the same card, just with different names.

The 840M is also more expensive, and as you say the CPU will make little difference.