New GigaByte Z97X Gaming 3 Mobo trouble

I just bought a New Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3, i7 4790k, 16gb 1600 G.Skill Ripkaws ram, Corsair HX750 PSU, Zotac GTX 970 amp Omega with Amp extreme cooler, Antec 1200 case, Already had a 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 1 TB HDD, 320 HDD, OK when I put everything together and installed win 7 on the SSD then used the driver disk that came with and used express install after restart it would start back up. It would say Boot MGR reboot crap so I went in and turned the SATA setup to IDE and restarted and reinstalled win 7 and now it seems to be working np yet. What was causing that to happen??

Unplug all your other drives and just leave the SSD in, set SATA to AHCI mode then reinstall Windows.

Once its finished you can reconnect all your other drives.

As for the cause, no idea but its not just you, its a very common issue for users with multiple HDDs.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)