Intel Core i7 4790k vs. AMD FX-9590

well...believe it or not, not only does the COOLING SOLUTION is the reference design but a REFERENCE DESIGN PRODUCT as a whole DOES MEAN that it's EXACTLY the REFERENCE PRODUCT DESIGN that was released by AMD therefore they do use ALL THE SAME PCB, CHOCKES, VRM's, MOSFETS etc.. all they do is put a XFX sticker on the fan and sell the product AS IS...what a scam isnt it?...actualy it's not, they ALL do that.

Haha okay i'm gonna back off this conversation now. You have no clue what you're talking about.

well...believe it or not, not only does the COOLING SOLUTION is the reference design but a REFERENCE DESIGN PRODUCT as a whole DOES MEAN that it's EXACTLY the REFERENCE PRODUCT DESIGN that was released by AMD therefore they do use ALL THE SAME PCB, CHOCKES, VRM's, MOSFETS etc.. all they do is put a XFX sticker on the fan and sell the product AS IS...what a scam isnt it?...actualy it's not, they ALL do that.

By the way, you're exactly correct. The other guy has no idea what he's talking about. ;)

Current System: CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4.6 GHz @ 1.28 volts | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 MHz + G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1866 MHz (Total RAM: 24GB) | Cooling: Corsair H100i | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! | Storage: WD Black 1TB + Samsung 960 EVO 500GB + SanDisk 500GB SSD + WD Blue 4TB + Seagate 2TB External + Rosewill 3TB External | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Planned Upgrades: No idea

i believe Sapphire Tech is actualy the manufacturer for AMD reference design (OEM) products if i'm not mistaken...so that means that the XFX R9 295X2 is in fact an AMD designed, Sapphire manufactured and XFX branded/marketed card.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i believe Sapphire Tech is actualy the manufacturer for AMD reference design (OEM) products if i'm not mistaken...so that means that the XFX R9 295X2 is in fact an AMD designed, Sapphire manufactured and XFX branded/marketed card.

Ok - thanks very much!!!!

Current System: CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4.6 GHz @ 1.28 volts | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 MHz + G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1866 MHz (Total RAM: 24GB) | Cooling: Corsair H100i | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! | Storage: WD Black 1TB + Samsung 960 EVO 500GB + SanDisk 500GB SSD + WD Blue 4TB + Seagate 2TB External + Rosewill 3TB External | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Planned Upgrades: No idea

You need a better gpu than that to leverage at 4k. I would go for slower rendering times with a 4690k but get a faster gpu such as a 970. Plus, the 760 is not really a good buy. The 280x is a better option in that price range but it probably does not have enough vram with its 3GB.

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

You need a better gpu than that to leverage at 4k. I would go for slower rendering times with a 4690k but get a faster gpu such as a 970. Plus, the 760 is not really a good buy. The 280x is a better option in that price range but it probably does not have enough vram with its 3GB.

Read the thread mate, he's planning on getting the r9295x2~

Current build: Konata-ROG

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-4790K, 4.4GHz @ 1.2V | Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VI Impact | Cooler: H80i GT with 2x Silverstone Air Penetrator 120mm | Case: Cooler Master Elite 130| SSD: AData SP550 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 750GB 2.5; WD Blue SSHD 1TB 2.5; WD Red 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x8GB DDR3-1866 | VGA: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X | PSU: Silverstone SX600-L

Current build: Konata-HTPC

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-6100 (currently at stock) | Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 | Cooler: Silverstone AR-06 | Case: Silverstone GD10 | SSD: AData SX900 256GB | RAM: ADATA XPG 2X4GB DDR3-1600, Kingston HyperX 2-4GB DDR3-1600 | VGA: MSI HD7950 Twin Frozr III | LG Blu-Ray PSU: XFX TS 750W

i believe Sapphire Tech is actualy the manufacturer for AMD reference design (OEM) products if i'm not mistaken...

This is correct, Sapphire makes the reference cards for AMD.