AsRock Announces Non-Z OC Feature, Extends OC Capabilities to H87 and B85 Boards

Sdgrty

"ASRock has announced its new Non-Z OC feature that will allow owners of H87 and B85 boards, the option of overclocking their unlocked 4th generation Intel Core processors. The H87 and B85 boards don't have official support for CPU overclocking.

UEFI_Setup-600W.jpg

The ASRock UEFI BIOS utility that supports the new Non-Z OC feature, allowing owners of H87 and B85 boards to overclock their unlocked 4th generation Intel Core chips.

The UEFI BIOS utility from ASRock supports the Non-Z OC feature; the company has also beefed up the voltage regulator module of its Fatal1ty H87 Performance motherboard. With eight phases of CPU power circuitry to ensure stable power delivery, users are able to make use the new BIOS feature to boost the CPU frequency of their unlocked processors. Besides the Fatal1ty H87 Performance, ASRock has stated the Non-Z OC feature will make its way to other H87 and B85 boards.

As a disclaimer, ASRock issued the usual warnings about the dangers of CPU overclocking. They also claim that the Non-Z OC feature is tied to the Intel 8-series chipset, and its availability in the future isn't guaranteed. Hence, this points to the possibility of a bug in both H87 and B85 chipsets, allowing for CPU Ratio overclocking. ASRock seems to have just capitalized on the bug's existence to push out their Non-Z OC feature."

(Source: ASRock)

Link: http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-asrock-announces-non-z-oc-feature-extends-oc-capabilities-h87-and-b85-boards

My Input: it is great that asrock is supporting OC on their non-z87 boards but how well it can it do? because it is not natively supported on the chipset...

what is your take on this? :D

IMHO.. that post show a bug.. but this new post shows that AsRock is supporting OC-ing on their non-Z boards..

ummm....no.

it has the same stuff as your post.

go to 2:10 in the video,you'll see the same thing as in your screenshot.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

well, that was my bad.

sorry, i didn't watch the video.

i only read the user's writing, stating that there was a bug...

ummm....no.

it has the same stuff as your post.

go to 2:10 in the video,you'll see the same thing as in your screenshot.

As requested - locked due to repost

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99