Is the HyperX Cloud any good? Any recommendations for a new headset?

Bleeh12

I am looking for a great headset as my audio technicas broke was just wondering i how good is the HyperX Cloud 2

Why not get a proper pair of headphones and a desk microphone? Anything stopping you from doing that?

I am looking for a great headset as my audio technicas broke was just wondering i how good is the HyperX Cloud 2

Hyperx clouds are the only headset that I will recommend, other than that I would suggest getting a nice pair of headphones and a stand alone mic such as a modmic or audio technica at2020usb to go with it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If budget is not a problem then you can look at Sennheiser's G4ME gaming headsets. Those are pretty pricey but they're good. 

Honesly the Clouds are the best headset on the market, infact for their pricepoint they are the best headphones too, they in all reality are headphones made by Qpad rebranded by kingston with a mic added on after the fact they really are basically good headphones w/a  modmic

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Honesly the Clouds are the best headset on the market, infact for their pricepoint they are the best headphones too, they in all reality are headphones made by Qpad rebranded by kingston with a mic added on after the fact they really are basically good headphones w/a  modmic

If you think this mediocre mic is valuable for you, then it's a good headset. However i still believe that you can find better* headphones.

(by "better" i mean you can choose a pair of headphones that suits your music taste / prefered sound signature)

You can still find some good Takstar headphones or some Audio Technica (etc...) at this price range. 

If you think this mediocre mic is valuable for you, then it's a good headset. However i still believe that you can find better* headphones.

(by "better" i mean you can choose a pair of headphones that suits your music taste / prefered sound signature)

You can still find some good Takstar headphones or some Audio Technica (etc...) at this price range. 

Honestly I've tried some comparable Sennheiser and AudioTechnicas for the price of Clouds I still personally choose the clouds even if you remove the mic... Takstar, never tried... Brand doesn't equal better audio that's an idiotic notion that has caused Beats to survive and Apple and Razer...  for the $60-80 bucks for the Clouds they can't be beat  

Actually back on the subject of maker, QPad (who has worked  w/ Beyerdynamic, AudioTechnica, and Takstar) is the designer of the Clouds and the clouds are just a rebranded Qpad QH-90 a headset for nearly DOUBLE THE PRICE of the clouds also the Qpad QH-90 is a rebranded Takstar Pro80 pair of headphones rebranded with a mic added... so compare the Clouds to headphones from "Audiophile" companies and it's  very arguable and preference based,  look at the headset's original form and it's half the price of a headset that's already "decent for the money" (Qpad QH90) or compare to Takstar Pro80s and again it's a rebrand but this time for nearly identical pricing (sometimes lower or higher depending on if ones on sale or not)  but the clouds have a microphone (albeit an mediocre one an "okay" mic is still significantly better than no mic)

Edit: right after I posted the rant I realized that OP was talking about Cloud 2s but still most things I said still apply as Cloud 2s are just clouds with a sound card that cost $20(taking away a big chunk of the price:performance imho but still is fairly good)

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Honestly I've tried some comparable Sennheiser and AudioTechnicas for the price of Clouds I still personally choose the clouds even if you remove the mic... Takstar, never tried... Brand doesn't equal better audio that's an idiotic notion that has caused Beats to survive and Apple and Razer...  for the $60-80 bucks for the Clouds they can't be beat  

Actually back on the subject of maker, QPad (who has worked  w/ Beyerdynamic, AudioTechnica, and Takstar) is the designer of the Clouds and the clouds are just a rebranded Qpad QH-90 a headset for nearly DOUBLE THE PRICE of the clouds also the Qpad QH-90 is a rebranded Takstar Pro80 pair of headphones rebranded with a mic added... so compare the Clouds to headphones from "Audiophile" companies and it's  very arguable and preference based,  look at the headset's original form and it's half the price of a headset that's already "decent for the money" (Qpad QH90) or compare to Takstar Pro80s and again it's a rebrand but this time for nearly identical pricing (sometimes lower or higher depending on if ones on sale or not)  but the clouds have a microphone (albeit an mediocre one an "okay" mic is still significantly better than no mic)

Edit: right after I posted the rant I realized that OP was talking about Cloud 2s but still most things I said still apply as Cloud 2s are just clouds with a sound card that cost $20(taking away a big chunk of the price:performance imho but still is fairly good)

Hmmm you missed my point. I am aware of what you've said, but  you don't care about the mic at all, then you can choose what's the better headphone for your taste. 

Just because it's the best headset in this price range, doens't mean they are not other headphones that sound better to somebody's ears. For example, if you want a warm sounding headphone you can get the Clouds, if you want a bright sounding headphone you can get the Superlux HD668B ro if you like a "flatter" sound you can check out the M20X or the AD500.