When will the black Noctua fans be on sale?

TorguL

why would you even want 30$ 2000rpm fans?

dunno

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I could be wrong but didn't they have a prototype black color fan at Computex?

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I could be wrong but didn't they have a prototype black color fan at Computex?

Yepp i remember Linus made a video on them...

I would buy them if they were availible.

dat airflow

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

well people don't like having to exert effort to dye the noctua fans a different color.

so from their perspective spending $3 more (than the NF-F12) to get a black fan,with most likely higher static pressure,and higher airflow seems like a good idea.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

well people don't like having to exert effort to dye the noctua fans a different color.

so from their perspective spending $3 more (than the NF-F12) to get a black fan,with most likely higher static pressure,and higher airflow seems like a good idea.

if you want a good black fan buy a noiseblocker blacknoise. If you want a fan thats a litte bit better but looks like puke buy a noctua. But a fan designed to follow IP55 guidelines, work in harsh enviorments and run hat high rpms makes really no sense as a normal pc fan.

if you want a good black fan buy a noiseblocker blacknoise. If you want a fan thats a litte bit better but looks like puke buy a noctua. But a fan designed to follow IP55 guidelines, work in harsh enviorments and run hat high rpms makes really no sense as a normal pc fan.

it makes no sense....to you.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

those black noctua fans arent only painted brown noctua fans,

they re made to work in 50c ambient temp with loads of dust and what not, they re not made to be quiet...

Since they re targetted for harsh conditions they might never be sold to general consumers and be OEM only

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

those black noctua fans arent only painted brown noctua fans,

they re made to work in 50c ambient temp with loads of dust and what not, they re not made to be quiet...

Since they re targetted for harsh conditions they might never be sold to general consumers and be OEM only

If it isn't sold to consumers, why did Noctua even show them off at Computex, knowing most of their customers are consumers?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

If it isn't sold to consumers, why did Noctua even show them off at Computex, knowing most of their customers are consumers?

you know how many server/workstation CPU coolers they sell?

You guys really don't seem to get the application of Noctua's black fans. They really won't suit a standard PC case, so if you think you'll be getting the same old, quiet noctuas running in your case, but in black.. I suggest you look elsewhere.

"In addition to the upcoming A-series and industrial fans, Noctua gave a first glimpse of its upcoming ‘project redux', a new edition of proven, award-winning models such as the NF-S12B and NF-P14 in streamlined, more accessibly priced packages. While the new A-series and industrial fans are scheduled for a release in Q1 2014, Noctua aims to release the first redux models in Q4 2013. In order to visually distinguish the new industrial and redux edition fans, industrial models will come in black and redux models will come in a light/dark grey colour scheme that mimics Noctua's original fan colours using two different shades of grey."

From noctua.at

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=news_list&news_id=90

noctua_project_redux.jpg

If I remember correctly I think the fans were made for industrial use in servers and stuff and they are not for the same quality/performance that a normal Noctua fan would be but thats what i think.

This is what I posted in another thread about the black Noctua fans.

I really find this funny that so many of the people on the forum is jumping on this bandwagon for the black Noctua fans. They don't even know if it's going to be for consumers and most of the people who do buy Noctua fans is for their quiet design. These fans have been stated that they are going to be 2000RPM and there is nothing showing that they will be silent optimized. But that doesn't mean that they might have those those features. I think that the fans should be released first before anyone gets so excited about because there will be people who will:

1. Be angry that they weren't for consumers

Or

2. Are not silent because they didn't read that it was 2000RPM and just bought them anyway and will probably rage.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

people should get excited about the cheaper fans noctua will put out, not the 2000rpm server fans...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

people should get excited about the cheaper fans noctua will put out, not the 2000rpm server fans...

2000 rpm is very slow for server fans. My server 120mm fan is 5400 rpm. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

2000 rpm is very slow for server fans. My server 120mm fan is 5400 rpm.

Delta fans?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Delta fans?

It is a Gentle Typhoon 5400 rpm fan. Do you know where I can get 80mm delta fans in the Uk. 

I just meant 2000 rpm os pretty fast compared to about 800 that other noctua run at.

plz tell everyone how server fans (dust and heat rated fans) should go in a quiet build

btw i don t mean to sound upset saying it this way(english isn t my 1st language, i m just saying these aren t just painted silence optimised fans, they re aimed at a totally different market.

The toned down noctua fans tho at 10$ each do sound like a good deal.

This is what I posted in another thread about the black Noctua fans.

I really find this funny that so many of the people on the forum is jumping on this bandwagon for the black Noctua fans. They don't even know if it's going to be for consumers and most of the people who do buy Noctua fans is for their quiet design. These fans have been stated that they are going to be 2000RPM and there is nothing showing that they will be silent optimized. But that doesn't mean that they might have those those features. I think that the fans should be released first before anyone gets so excited about because there will be people who will:

1. Be angry that they weren't for consumers

Or

2. Are not silent because they didn't read that it was 2000RPM and just bought them anyway and will probably rage.

I find it funny how you think people can't read, of course 2000rpm fans are going to be loud then again whats loud to you isn't necessarily loud to me. I don't buy fans because they are quite and to be honest I don't understand peoples deal with the whole attitude of "fans have to be quite or I won't buy them".

1.) I don't care if they get released but if they do I will buy 2 

2.) Who cares they aren't silenced most fan controllers have adjustments so I can control what speed they are at.

3.) Why do you even care what bandwagon people jump on? People finally get a Noctua fan color they can put in there case that doesn't throw off there color scheme and you have to come in and hate on it. Why be so negative? 

Take a happy pill :)

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1