Would an HP Envy m6-n113dx work for me?

Go to solution Solved by EpicAdom,

if I recall Intel doesn't have a true quad core mobile CPU yet

In the U series processors which are meant for ultrabooks/convertibles, there are no quad cores. In the M series processors, the i7's are quad core cpus.

Also, for APU vs Intel Core i5/i7, the Intel chips have WAY better cpu performance. The place where APUs shine is in their graphics performance which rivals that of an i7 at a much lower price. So it would be incorrect to say that the APU is a downgrade. It has 4 cores which, at the least, will give you performance similar to your old i5, and the integrated graphics are worlds better than your old i5's iGPU.

@thekeemo @D2ultima

Intel options...

Under budget http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-14-laptop-intel-core-i5-6gb-memory-750gb-hard-drive-satin-gold/3108026.p?id=1219570207962&skuId=310802

Over Budget (but manageable) - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-radius-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-satin-gold/3477007.p?id=1219581273264&skuId=3477007

Which one would be better? (From some videos the iGPUs in the i5 and i7 aren't bad but the FX's iGPU did much better.)

the i7 no doubt since mobile i5s are dual cores

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

the i7 no doubt since mobile i5s are dual cores

That one is the i7 5500U which is a dual core also.

I can't recall if the Intel version of the laptop mentioned in the title has a i7U or M...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

@thekeemo @D2ultima

So evaluating the cost of renovating my Samsung and HP here is what I found and the break down of cost... Both would have 8GB of Ram (Their Max supported)

Samsung    (2013)

• AMD A10 5750M ($67.88)

• Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD ($222.97)

• Replacement screen ($60)

• Replacement Hinges ($??)

• IC Diamond 7 Carat ($7.99)

Total Cost: $388.85

(assuming Hinges are $30)

HP   (2011)

• Intel i7 2630QM ($100)

• Plastidip - White and Black Matte (4 cans (2w - 2b) $73.22)

• Replacement keys ($3)

Total Cost: $407.18

Okay, so really all I'd need to do on them is get Thermal Paste and the CPU/APU but the HP is cosmetically needing some help and the Samsung I had gotten rid of parts because I had intended to convert it to an AiO. 

Though I could technically turn both of them into AiOs and use their mPCIe for a PCIe x16 adapter to pop in like an R9 280 and then get like get a not so heavy but sufficient power supply for the GPU... (To a point I might be best off creating a desktop out of them.) Another gripe with the HP is, is that AFAIK I can't do alt codes for French accents since it does not have a number key pad my Samsung however does have a number pad...

The HP upgrade would probably be the best since that CPU is pretty decent but I just feel like cosmetically this 2011 HP doesn't cut it in the aesthetics department and even though the HP I'm considering (Which Carizzo Mobile APUs will have most likely supplanted Kaveri mobile APUs by the time I buy a new laptop or the parts sometime this summer if I land a job in something that I'd actually tolerate this spring.) weighs slightly more. Frankly that's why I was sort of reluctant at wanting to do upgrades to an older laptop. Whereas the APU makes a bit more sense because the A10 5750M out performs the A8 4500M though the 2630QM out preforms all three though the laptop it would go in is in need of some exterior TLC.  So would spending about $250 more on the i7U version the HP I was looking at yield me large gains or would they be negligible? 

(@ZacDaMan72 - I summon thee as well, Geez I hate having to stimulate this thread I mean I understand that I'm sort of nit picky but the thing is, I hope that maybe you could shed some light on this.)

@thekeemo @D2ultima

So evaluating the cost of renovating my Samsung and HP here is what I found and the break down of cost... Both would have 8GB of Ram (Their Max supported)

Samsung    (2013)

• AMD A10 5750M ($67.88)

• Replacement screen ($60)

• Replacement Hinges ($??)

Total Cost: $388.85

(assuming Hinges are $30)

HP   (2011)

• Intel i7 2630QM ($100)

• Plastidip - White and Black Matte (4 cans (2w - 2b) $73.22)

• Replacement keys ($3)

Total Cost: $407.18

Okay, so really all I'd need to do on them is get Thermal Paste and the CPU/APU but the HP is cosmetically needing some help and the Samsung I had gotten rid of parts because I had intended to convert it to an AiO. 

Though I could technically turn both of them into AiOs and use their mPCIe for a PCIe x16 adapter to pop in like an R9 280 and then get like get a not so heavy but sufficient power supply for the GPU... (To a point I might be best off creating a desktop out of them.) Another gripe with the HP is, is that AFAIK I can't do alt codes for French accents since it does not have a number key pad my Samsung however does have a number pad...

The HP upgrade would probably be the best since that CPU is pretty decent but I just feel like cosmetically this 2011 HP doesn't cut it in the aesthetics department and even though the HP I'm considering (Which Carizzo Mobile APUs will have most likely supplanted Kaveri mobile APUs by the time I buy a new laptop or the parts sometime this summer if I land a job in something that I'd actually tolerate this spring.) weighs slightly more. Frankly that's why I was sort of reluctant at wanting to do upgrades to an older laptop. Whereas the APU makes a bit more sense because the A10 5750M out performs the A8 4500M though the 2630QM out preforms all three though the laptop it would go in is in need of some exterior TLC.  So would spending about $250 more on the i7U version the HP I was looking at yield me large gains or would they be negligible? 

(@ZacDaMan72 - I summon thee as well, Geez I hate having to stimulate this thread I mean I understand that I'm sort of nit picky but the thing is, I hope that maybe you could shed some light on this.)

so what are you going to do exactly?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

so what are you going to do exactly?

I'm not even sure what I'm going to do, I mean I was sort of hoping I could have had a bit more response. I sort of hope that HP or Toshiba (or Lenovo) will have a Carrizo FX in one of their laptops that looks fairly good.

I'm not even sure what I'm going to do, I mean I was sort of hoping I could have had a bit more response. I sort of hope that HP or Toshiba (or Lenovo) will have a Carizzo FX in one of their laptops that looks fairly good.

no I mean why do you have parts listed out

no I mean why do you have parts listed out

Oh, that's because that is what parts I'd buy/need for me to upgrade either one of my current laptops.

For the price I feel like at least for the HP it's dumping money into something that is sort of ugly. (I sort of dislike HP's Pavilion series to begin with and also it gets hot easy)