New Pre-Configured Dell PC

Hey guys I am planning to buy the following Dell computer:

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-8700/pd?oc=d00x8701&model_id=xps-8700

Please read this before commenting bad thinks about pre done pc's

I think it is very good, it has the new haswell core i5 processor which is quite good for my everyday tasks (internet, student work, presentations, casual -very casual- gaming, and sometimes editing vids for youtube) An advantage is that it has wifi and bluetooth 4.0 straight oout of the box which for me are quiet important. It has usb 3.0, 7.1 surround sound, 8gb of RAM which is plenty for my usage, 1tb hdd which is also good aand maybe plan t upgrade to ssd later on, it also includes a keyboard and mouse which might be bad but it's good to have them already included, now the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 7570 with 1gb, i will use it with a 1080p monitor, it may seem really bad, but as you already have figured out I don't have too much money to spend, and i could even save up to upgrade it later but i dont really play much at all so it is not my main concern tbh What do you all guys think of this pc???

The price is £579 which is very good for a pc with these specs and not much more expensive than building it myself consediring that it includes wifi and bluetooth and a mouse and a keyboard, plus knowing that the thing will actually work perfecty the second i turn it on... thanks everyone for your help and advise... cheers  B)

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

Honestly man for around 800 canadian dollars you could build yourself a pretty good machine with an AMD 8350 that'll handle all your needs if you aren't gaming that much and even if you are gaming and you could get a better gpu and even an ssd. What is your usage scenario? and i guess if you really want it to work right out of the box then go for it but i mean i'm not you and this is just my personal opinion so if you want it, get it! :)

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

There's no reason why you shouldn't buy it if it suits your needs and is within your budget. It looks pretty good to me, just be sure you're happy with warranty and customer service on Dell's end, I can't say I've experienced it.

I did read everything, first off.

About upgrading...

What's not advertised about buying prebuilt: they use the cheapest, most minimal components to ensure profit

That motherboard? Probably can't SLI, probably doesn't have any proper debugging functions.

That RAM? Generic and slow.

That power supply? Don't plug in too many USBs with it.

RAID support? Wouldn't count on it.

Just from experience with prebuilts. It's up to you, but I personally always recommend building. Cheaper, better quality, and it feels good to do it yourself.

In my experience I say you should steer clear of pre-configured PC's like this. I say just wait longer until you have a decent amount of money and then make your own

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

This is also what you could do: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1cAAJ

With wifi, 7.1, and crossfire capable.

Slightly cheaper way to go: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1cAGQ

Sacrifices 7.1 surround.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Honestly man for around 800 canadian dollars you could build yourself a pretty good machine with an AMD 8350 that'll handle all your needs if you aren't gaming that much and even if you are gaming and you could get a better gpu and even an ssd. What is your usage scenario? and i guess if you really want it to work right out of the box then go for it but i mean i'm not you and this is just my personal opinion so if you want it, get it! :)

Yeah man I get you and tbh I dont mind building my own pc, I just feel that I would be able to play it safe but i mean you all got more experience than me,,, also i tried to configured the same pc and it isn't much cheaper  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1cAFM

well it is but i also used the lowest end components there were,, but can you recommend me any good choices around the same price???

This is also what you could do: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1cAAJ

With wifi, 7.1, and crossfire capable.

Slightly cheaper way to go: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1cAGQ

Sacrifices 7.1 surround.

I will take a look at that, thanks for taking the time :)

In my experience I say you should steer clear of pre-configured PC's like this. I say just wait longer until you have a decent amount of money and then make your own

Thanks man, appreciate it...

Well I am not too sure about that because as many people in this thread said, it is a better option to build it myself

I did read everything, first off.

About upgrading...

What's not advertised about buying prebuilt: they use the cheapest, most minimal components to ensure profit

That motherboard? Probably can't SLI, probably doesn't have any proper debugging functions.

That RAM? Generic and slow.

That power supply? Don't plug in too many USBs with it.

RAID support? Wouldn't count on it.

Just from experience with prebuilts. It's up to you, but I personally always recommend building. Cheaper, better quality, and it feels good to do it yourself.

Thanks for reading everything bro :D,,, I really appreciate your help with this topic it made me realize that all you say are more than enough advatages for buiding it myself

Yeah man I get you and tbh I dont mind building my own pc, I just feel that I would be able to play it safe but i mean you all got more experience than me,,, also i tried to configured the same pc and it isn't much cheaper  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1cAFM

well it is but i also used the lowest end components there were,, but can you recommend me any good choices around the same price???

Things about your builds:

You don't need an aftermarket cooler.

You don't need a z87 board since you're not going to overclock.

The 7750 is really a bad value. The 7770 is much better while being marginally more expensive.

Based off of your build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1cAQd

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I only said that beacuse it seemed you were not wanting to build a pc with $800 you can go many paths (i5, A-10, FX----)

The 7750 is really a bad value. The 7770 is much better while being marginally more expensive.

Oh thank you very much for that, in fact the 7770 is £2 and a bit cheaper xD

I only said that beacuse it seemed you were not wanting to build a pc with $800 you can go many paths (i5, A-10, FX----)

Yes i get what you mean man, and appreciated it, I repplied to your answer utilizing all the advice that other members had posted here, thans anyway ;)

Also what do you think of a GTX card, could any of the nvidia counterparts offer a better value/money ratio???

Also what do you think of a GTX card, could any of the nvidia counterparts offer a better value/money 

the 760 is decent but i recommend AMD beacuse of never settle

the 760 is decent but i recommend AMD beacuse of never settle

Thanks man I also like the 760 but it is far too expensive for my budget...

Also what do you think of a GTX card, could any of the nvidia counterparts offer a better value/money ratio???

AMD is beating Nvidia right now for cards between $100-300. Nvidia's cards in this price range are pretty bad performance/value other than the 760. The 7950 is still better than the 760 when both overclocked though.

Best values cards imo right now: 7770, 7850.

Runner ups: 7870, 7950.

It does sound like the 8320 would be better for your budget. It's basically a non higher binned 8350. 

The cores are fast enough for gaming and the extra cores should help in editing and future games. 

An ivy bridge i5 is lso appealing because the performance difference isn't that much and you can save money on the cpu/mobo.

It does sound like the 8320 would be better for your budget. It's basically a non higher binned 8350. 

The cores are fast enough for gaming and the extra cores should help in editing and future games. 

An ivy bridge i5 is lso appealing because the performance difference isn't that much and you can save money on the cpu/mobo.

I like both of them but many people always say that the i5 is far superior to the any of the FX series, although I always thought that because it's an octo core it would outperform it better,,, which one would be better for light multiasking??? (i mean tons of multitasting but with simple softwares like browsers, etc.)

I like both of them but many people always say that the i5 is far superior to the any of the FX series, although I always thought that because it's an octo core it would outperform it better,,, which one would be better for light multiasking??? (i mean tons of multitasting but with simple softwares like browsers, etc.)

If you're multitasking allot just get more ram and get an 8350 you'll save money and yes intel's architecture is in general faster than AMD's but honestly not by that much and there is quite the price gap so it is definitely worth it and the motherboards for socket AM3+ are cheaper as well so you save money all around and lose like 5fps, it's up to you to decide whether it's worth it or not.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

If you're multitasking allot just get more ram and get an 8350 you'll save money and yes intel's architecture is in general faster than AMD's but honestly not by that much and there is quite the price gap so it is definitely worth it and the motherboards for socket AM3+ are cheaper as well so you save money all around and lose like 5fps, it's up to you to decide whether it's worth it or not.

Thanks man and which do you think might be more future proof?? so i can enjoy of a good experience for longer without having to upgrade it too much

Thanks man and which do you think might be more future proof?? so i can enjoy of a good experience for longer without having to upgrade it too much

AMD has not released a new CPU for AM3 in a while and intel just released 1150 so intel but AMD boards are generally pretty cheap to replace and it will play AAA games for quite a while

"future proof" really doesn't mean anything, people who still have sany bridge cpu's are still playing the latest games with great performance even though it's 2 generations old. It was also the best overclocking platform on intel's side so more up to date really doesn't matter unless it's starting to not perform but 8350 will probably last a while especially since the next gen consoles are shipping with a similar cpu

AMD has not released a new CPU for AM3 in a while and intel just released 1150 so intel but AMD boards are generally pretty cheap to replace and it will play AAA games for quite a while

"future proof" really doesn't mean anything, people who still have sany bridge cpu's are still playing the latest games with great performance even though it's 2 generations old. It was also the best overclocking platform on intel's side so more up to date really doesn't matter unless it's starting to not perform but 8350 will probably last a while especially since the next gen consoles are shipping with a similar cpu

Both of you are right, thanks, I put together something like this which looks better than the previous haswell one you advised me: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1cEFY

what do you guys think is it better than a similar intel haswell system? and also I now have about £50 spare, what should I improve, or just save a bit more????

I also changed the case for a more silent optimised and beautiful case ;) but if you feel that it's over the top, all your advise is welcome  :lol:.