Logitech G930

iWearKiltz
Go to solution Solved by CatCloud,

Right now lets se.

Hey guys.

So i've got a soundblaster recon 3d sound card, and i love the software that comes with it. it allows you to change all these settings that most sound software allows you too, and then also allows you to switch from Speakers to headphones, which is SUPER useful when you go from in-game to then watching a movie - especially with 5.1!!

i like the g930s as i've seen them used when i watch a youtuber whom im subscribed too. they look nice, i like the wireless (and as far as my research, theres no lag/latency or loss of audio), i like the cable charging capability aswell. i'm willing to spend as much as they cost (£100~) so that's not a problem either.

so i have two questions regarding the g930s,

-they've been out for over 2 years now, so is there an upgraded headset from logitech?

-as i plan to use my soundcard still, will i still be able to switch from headphones to speakers and have it work intendedly?

ok so first of as I said before the G930 originally released 2010 (you already know this) and for some reason they re released it I THINK, my retailer show one as (new) I haven't bother contacting them about it thou. Anyway the Switching part is simple, you just go down to your playback device and Set whichever as "default device" and your good to go, I don't know of any "on the fly" way to change between. Personaly I have all my sound come from my Speakers and Communications like Skype or whatnot from my Headset and when I feel like listening from my Headset I just change it.
I hope that answered your question, if not please correct me.

Regarding your 3:rd question I guess you already got your answer, ill just simplify it, there is USB Dongle thingy that comes included With your G930 and it will act as a receiver. so no you cant connect your Wireless Headset to your SoundBlaster Recon 3D you have to use the included USB Dongle thingy :P
Otherwise if you want to use them as a Wired Headset its possible, the included cable is damn nice, there is a docking station on the middle of it you can wire up your cable to if its to long AND there is a USB slot on it where you can connect  your USB Dongle Receiver.

Hey guys.

So i've got a soundblaster recon 3d sound card, and i love the software that comes with it. it allows you to change all these settings that most sound software allows you too, and then also allows you to switch from Speakers to headphones, which is SUPER useful when you go from in-game to then watching a movie - especially with 5.1!!

i like the g930s as i've seen them used when i watch a youtuber whom im subscribed too. they look nice, i like the wireless (and as far as my research, theres no lag/latency or loss of audio), i like the cable charging capability aswell. i'm willing to spend as much as they cost (£100~) so that's not a problem either.

-they've been out for over 2 years now, so is there an upgraded headset from logitech?

-as i plan to use my soundcard still, will i still be able to switch from headphones to speakers and have it work intendedly?

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

im not sure about that soundcard since the g930 is a usb headset and not with the normal 3.5mm jacks. You can switch (i do it with the nvidia control panel) but i think it might not be that comfortable.

Also the g930 are the "newest" headset from logitech that is designed for gaming.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

additional question, can you use the soundcard with a usb headset?

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

a usb headset will bypass a soundcard.

you can switch between speaker on a soundcard and also use a usb headset.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Right now lets se.

Hey guys.

ok so first of as I said before the G930 originally released 2010 (you already know this) and for some reason they re released it I THINK, my retailer show one as (new) I haven't bother contacting them about it thou. Anyway the Switching part is simple, you just go down to your playback device and Set whichever as "default device" and your good to go, I don't know of any "on the fly" way to change between. Personaly I have all my sound come from my Speakers and Communications like Skype or whatnot from my Headset and when I feel like listening from my Headset I just change it.
I hope that answered your question, if not please correct me.

Regarding your 3:rd question I guess you already got your answer, ill just simplify it, there is USB Dongle thingy that comes included With your G930 and it will act as a receiver. so no you cant connect your Wireless Headset to your SoundBlaster Recon 3D you have to use the included USB Dongle thingy :P
Otherwise if you want to use them as a Wired Headset its possible, the included cable is damn nice, there is a docking station on the middle of it you can wire up your cable to if its to long AND there is a USB slot on it where you can connect  your USB Dongle Receiver.

Hey guys.

Read what i had to say about the g930's on this post here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/29763-logitech-g930s-are-they-good/?hl=g930#entry384590

Also since you plan on using your sound card which is the same sound card I use as well I would recommend purchasing the g230 instead which is actually a really good headset and allows you to take advantage of your sound card since they are analog and require being plugged in directly to your sounds card. The g930's do sound good too though but they will be using the built in sound card inside the speakers and your sound card in your computer will just be used when using external speakers. If you can't decide whether to get the g930 or the g230 then the g430 would be the ones to get. since they have both USB and headphone jacks. hope this helps.  :)   If you have any questions on the either of these headsets let me know i own them all ^_^

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Read what i had to say about the g930's on this post here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/29763-logitech-g930s-are-they-good/?hl=g930#entry384590

Also since you plan on using your sound card which is the same sound card I use as well I would recommend purchasing the g230 instead which is actually a really good headset and allows you to take advantage of your sound card since they are analog and require being plugged in directly to your sounds card. The g930's do sound good too though but they will be using the built in sound card inside the speakers and your sound card in your computer will just be used when using external speakers. If you can't decide whether to get the g930 or the g230 then the g430 would be the ones to get. since they have both USB and headphone jacks. hope this helps.  :)   If you have any questions on the either of these headsets let me know i own them all ^_^

after looking at those, i recognised them from Linus's unboxing. they look awesome and all that, but unfortunately i want wireless :P ohwell, i guess no wireless headphones that of good quality use audio jacks :( thanks for the recommendations :P

edit: any downfalls to the 930's that i should know of?

Spoiler

after looking at those, i recognised them from Linus's unboxing. they look awesome and all that, but unfortunately i want wireless :P ohwell, i guess no wireless headphones that of good quality use audio jacks :( thanks for the recommendations :P

edit: any downfalls to the 930's that i should know of?

The only downfall I can think of is that they tend to loose connection to the USB receiver from time to time that's about it.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

The only downfall I can think of is that they tend to loose connection to the USB receiver from time to time that's about it.

Oh? Never happend to me atleast, only downfall i can think of is the hinges that are holding the earcuffs, there is a risk of them breaking but if you treat them right its not a major problem, i glued mine back and they still work :p oh and mine are close to 2 years old now.

There is another option, the corsair vengence 2000, i dont own a pair sadly but i heard they are more or less the same as the G930 overall. And they have +1 hour longer battey life or so i read on the box.

Oh? Never happend to me atleast, only downfall i can think of is the hinges that are holding the earcuffs, there is a risk of them breaking but if you treat them right its not a major problem, i glued mine back and they still work :P oh and mine are close to 2 years old now.

There is another option, the corsair vengence 2000, i dont own a pair sadly but i heard they are more or less the same as the G930 overall. And they have +1 hour longer battey life or so i read on the box.

oh okay, i'll check them out!

Spoiler