First Build ... Any Problems ?

O_oTWITCHo_O

so i have decided to do my 1st build because what once was mine and my GFs computer has now become just her computer thanks to final fantasy 14.so her i am 

ive done a bit of research and think i have it all figured out ... but i wouldn't mind someone who knows a bit more to take a 2nd look 

CPU - i7-5820k

CPU cooling - Corsair H100i

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X99-GAMING G1WIFI 

Memory - AVEXIR Core Series - DDR4 2666 16gb 4X4 (because pretty lights)

Storage - Seagate 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0

Case - Corsair 750D

i plan on using this for gaming and possibly live streaming . i would like to be able to use 3 monitors at some point as well

Needs a PSU.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

An SSD is also well worth getting. 

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

An SSD is also well worth getting. 

^this. get a samsung EVO 128gb for OS :)

^this. get a samsung EVO 128gb for OS :)

Or a bigger one to put some games on as well.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Looks good, but i dont think you need that cpu or mobo for gaming.

Nice build! ;) and remember a PSU lol.

^^

Get an i5 and 2x 970s

Or a bigger one to put some games on as well.

Games on SSD is a waste. you wont notice a difference.

i plan on using this for gaming and possibly live streaming . i would like to be able to use 3 monitors at some point as well

Then get this. I went completely overkill with the CPU cooler and case, for pure looks (I just find them so gorgeous...). I mean, the CPU cooler is also super powerful, but you don't need all that cooling.

Red theme. Can easily change. Have fun.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($322.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK TRITON RED 100.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.90 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($59.98 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Apotop  256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($328.99 @ Directron)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($328.99 @ Directron)

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.00 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($86.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1661.80

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-28 05:31 EST-0500

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

That all looks fine, but in all honestly the CPU + CPU cooler and Mobo really is overkill really, if you're only doing gaming + live streaming. The streaming will put a bit of stress on it if you're using an intensive compression but an i7 4790K would handle it just as well. Same as the DDR4, it's not gonna yield any better results with anything you're doing, unless you all of a sudden decide to run some really CPU intensive programmes

lol i knew i was forgetting something on that list 

power - EVGA 850W 80+ Gold

and ill have to check out some SSDs as well

and i know some of the parts are a bit overkill and all but i i like the looks lol

Imakuni u are right that cooler is pretty sexy lol i might have to get that one

lol i knew i was forgetting something on that list 

power - EVGA 850W 80+ Gold
and ill have to check out some SSDs as well

and i know some of the parts are a bit overkill and all but i i like the looks lol

Imakuni u are right that cooler is pretty sexy lol i might have to get that one

Yay, another Triton-nist.

BTW, 850w is actually a bad choice. It would be suited to drive 2x 290s, but for the 9xx series, the power consumption is below the required TDP.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Yay, another Triton-nist.

BTW, 850w is actually a bad choice. It would be suited to drive 2x 290s, but for the 9xx series, the power consumption is below the required TDP.

How much power would u recommend 

How much power would u recommend 

If using the Asus Strix 970/980, a 500 or 550w PSU will do. If using any other brand, you'll need a 650w, solely due to the need for extra PCIe connectors.

Games on SSD is a waste. you wont notice a difference.

Things will load much quicker from an SSD than a normal HDD. Of course you will notice a difference.

Things will load much quicker from an SSD than a normal HDD. Of course you will notice a difference.

It wont be by much.

It wont be by much.

It is enough to notice. I am running a few games off a HDD and it is slow compared to my SSD.