Programming language for someone that are bad at math

Heart of Gold

Hello! As the topic says I'm pretty bad at math but I want to learn programming do you have any tips for me? Or maybe know a language that dosen't need that much math.

Thanks!

No language really needs that much math.

Some algorithms do though.That's why people think you need to know Maths for programming. Really, you need to know Maths for the logical way of thinking it brings, and for its applications in certain algorithms.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Hello! As the topic says I'm pretty bad at math but I want to learn programming do you have any tips for me? Or maybe know a language that dosen't need that much math.

Thanks!

Well, you have script languages and web-dev languages that you don't have to be good at math for and by the way, doing math in programming is waaay different than out of a school-book. But if you want some web-dev stuff learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and you could go for Ruby but you can also use Ruby for other stuff and check out Python and check codecademy.com

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

No language really needs that much math.

Some algorithms do though.That's why people think you need to know Maths for programming. Really, you need to know Maths for the logical way of thinking it brings, and for its applications in certain algorithms.

Depends how deep you want to get really. So it depends what kind of things you are going to program imo.

But yeah I agree, Lots of logic.

So to "heart of gold", any langauge should be fine. Probably something that most people start with, java, vb, etc. Personally like VB. No one else seems to but w/e.

Like, almost any of them

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

You don't need to know math for the vast majority of languages. The same kind of thinking applies, though.

I have severe dyscalculia (and also dyslexia), this hasn't stopped me from learning everything displayed on my profile and quite a bit more that's not. Nor has it caused me significant impediment in reaching my current position/s.

We have to deal with the hand that we have been dealt in life. We can choose to look at a difference in two ways; as a disadvantage (from the perspective/in the context of the majority) or as something that allows us perspective and sets us apart thus enabling us a unique and distinct advantage. In more simple terms; turning disadvantage into advantage  :D

Don't worry about the maths - to be honest I'd bet you are at least 20% better at maths than I am (see what I did there)  :lol:

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

any language will do

i think that programming will make you use your mind in a way that will make it easier for you to do maths

-snip-

eh... i used to value your wise opinions, but then ponies happened

any language will do

i think that programming will make you use your mind in a way that will make it easier for you to do maths

LOL  :lol:

They did indeed! Sounds like someone needs a lesson on the magic of friendship :P

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

They did indeed! Sounds like someone needs a lesson on the magic of friendship :P

you know, maybe you're right, maybe pony therapy is all i need

i'll wait for the first rainbow i can see next time it rains and i'll dive into it!

LOL  :lol:

LOL I also just found out about the ponies! It was...eye opening!  (in a good or bad way? who knows!)