fx 8370.... really AMD

Want to know what really grinds my gears....

I really have always liked and supported AMD (even tho I own a 4770hq on my laptop)

two weeks ago I purchased an 8350 and built an AMD desktop

then I looked at newegg today to see a 8370..............................................wtf

so, you may ask why this bothers me when I basically have to same core, or say just overclock your 8350 too the 4.3...

mainly because its stupid to resell the same damn cpu for 30 more dollars and allow it to overclock itsself well within warranty

here amd here is 30 bucks... can you send me a new cpu if I fry my hardware overclocking it now?

6_102114.jpg

I may have had my head in the sand but I look at this stuff daily and just now came upon it by accident...

The power consumption on the 8370e BS isn't any lower under load so it's not going to save your board's vrm from throttling. I don't understand why people buy those CPU's if they require an expensive board to run flawless that usually just ends up costing more than an Intel setup.

It's stupid to re-sell the same CPU for $30 more dollars?

Why didn't you buy the 8320 then?

8320 is piledriver?

The power consumption on the 8370e BS isn't any lower under load so it's not going to save your board's vrm from throttling. I don't understand why people buy those CPU's if they require an expensive board to run flawless that usually just ends up costing more than an Intel setup.

yeah I fixed that, plus I seen they recommend 970 chipset? that confuses me lol, I have the 990fxa-ud3 gigabyte

With that logic wouldn't you be even more mad at Intel?

yes... maybe.. no.. idk... lol I have two ways of understanding what this means so idk how to answer... lol

-

Youre not gonna fry shit by increasing the multiplikator by 1... :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

8320 is piledriver?

43XX, 63XX, 83XX have Piledriver micro architecture !

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Youre not gonna fry shit by increasing the multiplikator by 1... :P

apparently I like to just learn the hard way.... I was so happy with me am2+ quad i didnt know this gen was gonna be a shit storm

yeah I fixed that, plus I seen they recommend 970 chipset? that confuses me lol, I have the 990fxa-ud3 gigabyte

990 chipset is better than 970 !

just because 970 is recommended doesnot mean that 990 or lower chipset will not work at all !

990fxa-ud3 is great motherboard and will work totally fine with FX8350.

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

It's a matter of binning.

I've had both an 8370 and 8350 and the former overclocks much much better.  Although I suppose that could just be the silicon lottery.

Could be worse, they could not let you overclock at all unless you buy the higher end model.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

It is slightly more effective, it requires the same wattage but with a higher clock.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

43XX, 63XX, 83XX have Piledriver micro architecture !

you sure? or is this amd guy full of crap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6smx6S2G-D0

you sure? or is this amd guy full of crap?

He said that the "3" in FX83XX signifies that it is piledriver architecture.

8320 has Piledriver archecture .

It's a matter of binning.

I've had both an 8370 and 8350 and the former overclocks much much better. Although I suppose that could just be the silicon lottery.

Could be worse, they could not let you overclock at all unless you buy the higher end model.

That is true, it just is crazy how they are like here is our same 8350, overclocked by us so its covered, how about let us just buy a overclocking warranty or something?

He said that the "3" in FX83XX signifies that it is piledriver architecture.

8320 has Piledriver archecture .

ohhhhhhhh I just looked back and saw your 3s sry :/

It is slightly more effective, it requires the same wattage but with a higher clock.

so its not overclocked 8350 or just an improvement? what is it they improve?

It's stupid to re-sell the same CPU for $30 more dollars?

Why didn't you buy the 8320 then?

for some reason I though 8150 when I saw this, I probably need to go to bed lol

With that logic wouldn't you be even more mad at Intel?

Since Bulldozer (Zambezi/Vishera) launched, Intel released Sandy, Sandy-E, Ivy, Ivy-E, Haswell, Haswell-E and Broadwell. Whilst AMD released the same architecture. 

No, I don't think it's the same thing.

has LTT done a review on the 8370 and Es? I guess I may either be confused on this or there is just too much mis info on these cpus

so its not overclocked 8350 or just an improvement? what is it they improve?

The power requirement, It doesnt need as much wattage to reach the same core clock, Thats why the clock is bumped up a bit.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

has LTT done a review on the 8370 and Es? I guess I may either be confused on this or there is just too much mis info on these cpus

how do I ask to see if its a good idea or make a request???????? or should I study and post a video for him with me reviewing it (in my a lot less unimpressive manner) :P :P

The power requirement, It doesnt need as much wattage to reach the same core clock, Thats why the clock is bumped up a bit.

so they keep rolling out slightly more improved versions? I feel like I should go get my money back... especially since I dont over clock

so they keep rolling out slightly more improved versions? I feel like I should go get my money back... especially since I dont over clock

Yup. But It is aimed for people who dont overclock.

If you would overclock it and have a good overclocking motherboard+cooler, It would not matter much between getting the 8320 and the 8370.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Yup. But It is aimed for people who dont overclock.

If you would overclock it and have a good overclocking motherboard, It would not matter much between getting the 8320 and the 8370.

I have a fxa990-ud3 should I just upgrade, and it just sucks that breaks your warranty when I could just pay a tad more and have then say, HEY we did this for so now its covered

I have a fxa990-ud3 should I just upgrade, and it just sucks that breaks your warranty when I could just pay a tad more and have then say, HEY we did this for so now its covered

That is a pretty good overlocking motherboard, What cpu cooler do you have? Id recommend atleast a Coolermaster 212 EVO.

Keep at the highest 60-70 degrees C and you're good.

Here is a guide to overclocking, It should be similar to overclocking the 8350.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1140459/bulldozer-overclocking-guide-performance-scaling-charts-max-ocs-ln2-results-coming

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

That is a pretty good overlocking motherboard, What cpu cooler do you have? Id recommend atleast a Coolermaster 212 EVO.

Keep at the highest 60-70 degrees C and you're good.

Here is a guide to overclocking, It should be similar to overclocking the 8350.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1140459/bulldozer-overclocking-guide-performance-scaling-charts-max-ocs-ln2-results-coming

I have an EVO actually :P but I think I mounted the wrong noctua fan on it :/... I put an NF12 in push, should I put if in pull and add the EVO stock in push?

Intel has more CPUs in their lineup that are just clock speed variants of their other chips... what's the big issue here?

its .1 more ghz with 30 more bucks while covered by factory.... why cant I just throw amd money and say hey just cover my exact CPU for this amount of overclock or in general or something... it just seems redundant and unless a buyer looks stupidly hard to find the releases for these slight factory variants how would one know? this literally showed up on newegg right after I got the 8350. not to mention they don't say why or how this is achieved I have seen tons of mis info about these... and that includes intel too on the as well if thats the case.

its .1 more ghz with 30 more bucks while covered by factory.... why cant I just throw amd money and say hey just cover my exact CPU for this amount of overclock or in general or something... it just seems redundant and unless a buyer looks stupidly hard to find the releases for these slight factory variants how would one know? this literally showed up on newegg right after I got the 8350. not to mention they don't say why or how this is achieved I have seen tons of mis info about these... and that includes intel too on the as well if thats the case.

Both Intel and amd have been doing this for years... It's nothing new. Also the 8370 has been out for quite awhile now since September 2014

If you want to be outraged by something be outraged by the FX-9's. $70 for an OC binning.

Intel may be just as guilty of bin-price points, but they didn't charge +$70 for Devil's Canyon chips :lol: + there was an actual physical difference in the chips (the TIM).

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |