Mutual Funds Anyone?

timemachine

Anyone into Mutual Funds/ Investing? Im with Vanguard and I am a noob.

What are yall favorites?

Currently using my trading 212 free practise account to get into stocks anyway! Whoop whoop! Time to play the stocks!

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Currently using my trading 212 free practise account to get into stocks anyway! Whoop whoop! Time to play the stocks!

Whats your age? Im 27 and Im going all aggressive. Less bonds more stocks.

Whats your age? Im 27 and Im going all aggressive. Less bonds more stocks.

Err 13 but I enjoy buisness and accountancy and maths

Err 13 but I enjoy buisness and accountancy and maths

Haha did not expect that answer. If your parents allow you to start young and give you some capital. By the time you are my age you will have some good side income.

Haha did not expect that answer. If your parents allow you to start young and give you some capital. By the time you are my age you will have some good side income.

Yeah haha that would be nice... First stocks, then the world! ;)

Yeah that would be nice... First stocks, then the world!

If you have little capital go wit a MF rather than a stock. MF you get to diversify and if one thing goes bad you wont be as hurt compared to a stock.

If you have little capital go wit a MF rather than a stock. MF you get to diversify and if one thing goes bad you wont be as hurt compared to a stock.

I guess in MF there is less risk, but you lose some of the fun of stocks would you not? Especially if someone else is handling the money?

I guess in MF there is less risk, but you lose some of the fun of stocks would you not? Especially if someone else is handling the money?

You are right. The thing that kills when trading are the expense fees. You will get hit everytime you buy and sell one.  A MF wont get you rich overnight (while a stock can) its more for steady growth ( long term investment , buy hold)

You are right. The thing that kills when trading are the expense fees. You will get hit everytime you buy and sell one.  A MF wont get you rich overnight (while a stock can) its more for steady growth.

Yeah I guess but I know a few adults who have done a bit or stocks but could be interesting to consider MF

Yeah I guess but I know a few adults who have done a bit or stocks but could be interesting to consider MF

Your adult friends might have a ton of expendable capital. I know I dont lol.. So inorder to have a taste in all stocks I got some MF's

Stock Trader here, I'd advise going with a ETF instead. It's safer, easier to predict, transparent, and has lower fees with higher yields(usually). 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Stock Trader here, I'd advise going with a ETF instead. It's safer, easier to predict, transparent, and has lower fees with higher yields(usually). 

Wouldnt I have to pay transaction fees for every time I buy the same ETF?

Xle erx

I don't know anything about energy. I will check them out.

Any idea on where I could read up on these things? I'm Kinda interested in  earning a little bit of money :B 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Any idea on where I could read up on these things? I'm Kinda interested in  earning a little bit of money :B 

Not sure if I can post links. but Motley Fool , bogleheads are a good start

Not sure if I can post links. but Motley Fool , bogleheads are a good start

That's okay I can google it :> thanks!

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I don't know anything about energy. I will check them out.

No the beauty of a ETF is that it works very similarly to a common stock. You can trade it the same way you'd trade common stock. Its kinda like a mutual fund except safer, more flexible, usually higher profit margins, transparent and has lower fees.

About the two ETF I posted I'm so sorry I was in a conversation and had to record those two down real fast and happen to have my phone out.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Any idea on where I could read up on these things? I'm Kinda interested in earning a little bit of money :B

I learn a lot of what I know now from doing research on http://www.investopedia.com/

They have a plethora of economic knowledge and a stock simulator too!

I learn a lot of what I know now from doing research on http://www.investopedia.com/

They have a plethora of economic knowledge and a stock simulator too!

Thanks! I'll read up on that :B