GTA IV & LA Noire & RAGE in general Performance

Sharkyx1

So we know GTA IV isn't a stellar port, does anyone have any experience with LA Noire? 

I don't care too much for 30hz lock one way or another, but is the performance solid? 

Will i be able to maintain 30FPS all the time with a 3570K and a 760

I can get it for 8$ and i never played the DLC on PS3 so thats why i'm asking here

I don't think Max Payne 3 reflects well on the engine, the performance is alright in that game, but in GTA IV I can easily get 160 FPS in indoor areas, its only the open segments where the game goes to shit.

on my system i get 35-45 FPS in GTA IV maxed out driving around and its full 60 any time im indoors

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I had the 760 before I got my 980 and I had no problems with the performance of LA Noire.

Yeah, probably. 

La Noire is a better port. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I don't care too much for 30hz lock one way or another, but is the performance solid?

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/L.A._Noire

Fixes exist for many of the problems with L.A. Noire, including the framerate cap, though I haven't played it myself and I don't know how well they all work. The game is from 2011, and the GTX 760 would have been equivalent to a pretty high-end card at that time. I would not expect any serious performance problems.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/L.A._Noire

Fixes exist for many of the problems with L.A. Noire, including the framerate cap, though I haven't played it myself and I don't know how well they all work. The game is from 2011, and the GTX 760 would have been equivalent to a pretty high-end card at that time. I would not expect any serious performance problems.

I have some serious performance issues with GTA IV and was wondering if i should expect better or worse, it came to my attention that it actually doesn't use the rage engine after i posted this, so what i know about it doesn't apply here

On the topic of the 30+ FPS from what i know that messes up mission timing, in one instance causing a vital NPC to be hit by a car and failing the mission

Watch at 0:50 and 1:44 its kinda comical

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Its locked to 30 fps, but overall its a good port, 760 should have no issues sustaining constant 30 fps maxed out.

Heyyo,

Huh? Yeah when GTA IV originally came out on PC? Performance scaling sucked. Ever since they released Episodes From Liberty City for PC though? They upgraded the RAGE Engine on PC heavily and optimized the shadows a lot and I find the game runs fantastic on PC. :)

I'm referring to patch 1.0.6.0 it made GTA IV for PC a lovely sight to look at. ;)

Update your version of Grand Theft Auto IV to version 1.0.6.0. Changes include removing the Rockstar Games Social Club application, increasing performance, fixing bugs and improving shadows. This also adds support for purchasing "The Ballad of Gay Tony" and "The Lost and Damned" addon packs.

To install patch, extract all files then run UpdateTitle.exe.

GTA IV Title Update 1.0.6.0 1.0.5.1 1.0.4.2 (Patch 6)

Rockstar Games Social Club

Remove Rockstar Games Social Club application

Separate RGSC application no longer required to launch game

Social Club login now occurs during the launch process

Shadows

A new, less memory-intensive, and better-looking scalable shadow solution has been implemented

Enhanced Night Shadows added with user-selectable level of detail (replaces Shadow Density)

Performance

Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance, particularly when enabling shadows

User-configurable graphics settings have been added for shadow control

Improved memory management

Multiplayer

Enhanced security to isolate users from cheaters and hackers

Episodic Content

Provide in-game support to purchase "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" (Not available in Russian/Japanese Versions)

Bug Fixes

Vehicle shadows re-enabled between 8pm and 6am

Fix floating street textures

Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping

The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases

Fixed garbled text in Japanese Multiplayer menus

"RESC 10" error fix for specific hardware configurations

So yeah, the original release of GTA IV for PC wasn't great, but WOW did Rockstar do a good job on revamping the RAGE Engine for the vanilla game and EFLC release.

This guy getting 28fps on very high after 1.0.6.0 patch on 1680x1050 resolution with the following...

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz

Gigabyte Ati Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5

So if he can get 30fps on what is now really old hardware? I'm sure your PC will kill it at 1920x1080 easily passing 60fps on that same benchmark. ;)

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case