Easy way to switch between 2 computers on 1 display?

JonHewett95
Go to solution Solved by GlassBomb,

Any recommendations? I use HDMI and 2xUSB 2.0. 

Something similar to this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0045T0JVC

I have a macbook for work and a desktop PC for games. If I get a dock for my macbook when I'm at my desk Is there an easy way to switch between the two using the same mouse/keyboard and display (I don't have enough desk space to place down my macbook and lecture notes. I hope the diagram below makes sense.

Mac______

\     \  

K/M____\     \

/       \                       

PC____/_____Monitor

\

Monitor 2

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

I think what you need is a KVM Switch, these sit on your desk and connect 2 PCs to one keyboard/mouse/monitor.

And they are available with different connections, depending on what you need :)

What you are looking for is a KVM switch.

Any recommendations? I use HDMI and 2xUSB 2.0. 

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder