DYING NOCTUA FANS :)

shady-elite

After discussion on the previous live-stream about Noctua fans being straight amazeballs, but "Ugly As Fuck" Personally do not mind the color, but with some builds, you want your fans to match the overall color scheme. The topic of dying the plastic of the fan was brought up, but not elaborated on, and after much searching the Internet i found a great How to on overclock3d.net

The possibilities are endless and i am actually quite disappointed that i dont have a desktop computer or any noctua fans, but if anyone is willing to try this, or already have,post some photos of your fans down below, will be very interesting to see how creative you have been.

Heres the link: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=35185

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2566[/ATTACH]

The black ones with brown color blades look just so nice!.

Those who have been looking into this, any luck finding white dye? I'm looking for a white/blue combo for a white 600T and blue Asus board.

Those who have been looking into this, any luck finding white dye? I'm looking for a white/blue combo for a white 600T and blue Asus board.
Would bleach work on plastic?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I think it might attack it, not sure..

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I'll try it with a test piece..

I'm going to do this with my Bitfenix spectro blue led fans. I'm gong to make the outer bezel Lime yellow. I'm going to keep the blue inner ring blue and the fan blades the smoked see through color they are :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Some of the people in the thread that was linked said that bleach will make the plastic too brittle and could brake easily.

Yeah, that's the only thing I'm worried about.

If anything, have a quick look over on the thread linked as they do talk a bit about white dye and what they think could work.

Noctua is on my list. It's going to replace some of the high speed fans that I got into my case now. The fans are beast. I don't mind that they are ugly.

I actually love the looks of it~!

Ive been a member there for a while and i dont think there is any chance of dying a dark color in to a light color. and bleaching just isnt an option.

What we need to do is petition noctua to make at the very least a short run of fans that are colored different from that cream and cocoa scheme.

• 4 weeks later...

You can't use rit dye (the kind of dye used in Firat's guide) to dye any colour lighter than the original colour. I posted this fact on the thread I started before this one (a day lol). Your only option would be vinyl dye, which behaves a lot more like paint, can be scratched off etc. It sucks, I know :(.

What we need to do is petition noctua to make at the very least a short run of fans that are colored different from that cream and cocoa scheme.
Good luck...

Figured as much based purely on old school memories of yellow and black markers..

Thanks anyway :)

yes just make it all black atleast is that to much to ask?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link shady-elite. I will be defiantly be having ago at this when I finally pick work back up on my personal rig. And EChondo those fans look fantastic, is that your handy work? *thumbsup*

Current Rig:

Case: CM Storm Mid Tower | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V CPU: Intel i7 (1155) 2600k @ 3.4GHz | Ram: Ballistix Tracer DDR3 4x4GB GPU:  XFX HD Radeon XXX DD 6870 | Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX  | Power Suply: OCZ 1000W  |  Boot Drive: 2 x WD Raptors 300GB in Raid 0 | Storage: Samsung SpinPoint T3 1TB | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit 

Project Zero (In Progress)

Case: Silverstone TJ07 I Motherboard: MSI z87-G45 Gaming | CPU: Intel i5-4570k | Ram: Ballistix Tracer DDR3 4x4GB GPU: 2X MSI R9 290X 4GB (x-fire) Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX Power Supply: Corsair RM 850W | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Cooling: Custom loop (cpu+gpu's)

#killedmywife

OMG, that looks really easy and good, ill plan on doing this when i upgrade my 8 year old rig

The title to this thread can be incredibly misleading.
it is not if you know how to read.