10GBase-T over SFP+

tommy-b-10

So 30m, om3, lc to lc is correct?

How's this one? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=380804555952

Yes I am going p2p, shouldn't need a switch.

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

By the looks of it, I'd say yes that's the one.

I hope you don't need the cable to go through a wall. You will need a big hole.

Duplex LC will fit thru a 3/8" hole if you split them and fold a connector backwards, you just have to be nice when bending the fiber of the connector going thru backwards, you can also split the fibers by a foot or so and feed one connector after another without one being backwards and then take up the slack of the second. I believe it was 5/8" that the entire duplex connector goes thru just fine.

The day we got our OTDR tester I was curious of how much you can bend fiber before the fiber itself breaks or at least starts to have data issues, so I did some experimenting. You can even jam it thru a 1/4" hole backwards, but it won't work after you get it thru...

By the looks of it, I'd say yes that's the one.

I hope you don't need the cable to go through a wall. You will need a big hole.

Duplex LC will fit thru a 3/8" hole if you split them and fold a connector backwards, you just have to be nice when bending the fiber of the connector going thru backwards, you can also split the fibers by a foot or so and feed one connector after another without one being backwards and then take up the slack of the second. I believe it was 5/8" that the entire duplex connector goes thru just fine.

The day we got our OTDR tester I was curious of how much you can bend fiber before the fiber itself breaks or at least starts to have data issues, so I did some experimenting. You can even jam it thru a 1/4" hole backwards, but it won't work after you get it thru...

Will be going through wall, 5/8ths isnt too big at all. cheers

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

Just took the module out of the card, and it is this module: http://www.amazon.com/Fiberxon-10G-1310nm-Transceiver-FTM-83X0C-X03CG/dp/B00IDKYR7Q

As this is xfp, does this change anything?

Does it matter if the other card has a sfp+ transceiver?

Cheers!

Just took the module out of the card, and it is this module: http://www.amazon.com/Fiberxon-10G-1310nm-Transceiver-FTM-83X0C-X03CG/dp/B00IDKYR7Q

As this is xfp, does this change anything?

Does it matter if the other card has a sfp+ transceiver?

Cheers!

This might cause problems, yes. The XFP and SFP+ connectors are physically different.

However, as long as you're using the same kind of cable (multi-mode vs single-mode) and the same speed protocol, then a cable with the right connectors on each end might work.

@Scheer you seem to have some knowledge on the subject. Do you have any input on this?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)