Silent PSUs

Addicted

So I bought a new EVGA SuperNova NEX750g about a month ago, and I noticed right away that it made some fan noise. I didn't think much of it at first, but now it's driving me mad. So now I'm looking for a silent PSU. Problem is, it's hard to judge whether or not a PSU is truly silent from looking at specs, so from your guys' experience, what would you recommend? Thanks in advance :)

The seasonic X-series is pretty good, and I believe they have a 750W option. I know Corsair has some good ones too, an important selling point for you might be a PSU that doesn't turn on the fan until like 20% load.

There are fanless PSUs out there that will, of course, run with no noise. But you need good ventilation and I don't think it'd be a good idea to run them at high loads for very long. A benefit of fanless is that many have the 80+ Platinum stamp on their PSU. They will be more expensive if you go fanless though.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

So I bought a new EVGA SuperNova NEX750g about a month ago' date=' and I noticed right away that it made some fan noise. I didn't think much of it at first, but now it's driving me mad. So now I'm looking for a silent PSU. Problem is, it's hard to judge whether or not a PSU is truly silent from looking at specs, so from your guys' experience, what would you recommend? Thanks in advance :) [/quote']

what is your system

Not sure what your system entails, but if it only has one GPU, then why not go for a fanless PSU.

The new Seasonic 520W Platinum is the best one I've seen, and incidentally, Linus just did a vid of it. Looks way cool.

Yeah, I currently have two GTX 560s in SLI, but I will be upgrading to a 680 or something of the sort in a new-ish build in the upcoming months, so I will definitely consider a fanless PSU. And thanks to everyone who responded, I will take all of your feedback into consideration :)

i dont think they make a PSU with no fan that can run two cards if you get something like a corsair over 1000 watt you will be fine and it wont make lots of noise

use the corsair ax1200i it will only turn the fan on once it reaches 600w which should be enough unless u r benchmarking

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

Be Quiet!'s E9 and Dark Power Pro PSUs are probably the quietest non-fanless PSUs, though they're fairly expensive (albeit not as expensive as an AX1200). They reach the US and Canada in early February.