New wider color-screen smartwatch appears on Pebble’s website

important-498f2948dc15c9b8d5883394635c20

Looks like Pebble let loose a image of their upcoming revision to the Pebble smart watch. We can see a colour screen (at least one colour, so yay!) and a seemingly slimmer design. The case certainly appears to be smaller but without proper renders or a side by side comparison, it is hard to tell. 

What I will say, it certainly looks like they have broken up the "huge bezel syndrome" by introducing a second bezel that breaks up the "OMG LOOK AT DEEZ BEZELS" look of the current plastic pebble. 

mori-nate-murray-pebble-watch-wired-desi

We told you last week that Pebble is likely about to announce the next-generation of its smartwatch, featuring a thinner design, a color e-paper-like display, and a revamped OS. Now, thanks to an image hosted on Pebble’s own servers, we have a look at a device with a physical appearance matching the device we described. The device looks to have a larger bezel, as well as buttons that are smaller compared to its predecessor.

As we reported, the watch is going to be thinner than the current generation, but you can’t really see that based on this image alone. And while the new device will have a color display and a slimmer hardware profile, it’s said to have battery life that compares to the first generation Pebble. On the inside, the next Pebble is going to have a Cortex M4 processor and a 6-axis gyroscope. Unlike the Apple Watch, the new Pebble won’t have a touch screen, and its resolution is definitely on the low side compared to Apple’s upcoming device.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/02/23/wider-color-screen-pebble-leaks/

IMo that render looks ugly, if that's the final design....well, let's just say it shouldn't be the final design

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

No no no no no. Not when I only just got my steel

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Hmmm, I'd like to see the steel version.

Most likely only a new Pebble, not a Steel.

That being said, I'm überhype for this.

Color me excite!  My wife runs a restaurant and the Pebble is the most innovative tool that has come to the table (amirite?) regarding her needs while working in a fast-paced environment.  I'm happy these improvements are subtle and hope nothing changes regarding the awesome things this watch already does.

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.