2 different types of RAM?

Go to solution Solved by TheRetiredSlave,

Yep, they should work fine together.

I've never tried it, but I believe that it will automatically reset both kits to the default 1333 Mhz, and you would then have to manually set them to 1600.

So I have 8gb (2x4) of hyperx fury 1866mhz cl10, and 8gb (2x4) of crucial ballistix sport 1600mhz cl9. Is it possible for me to use both kits at the same time for a total of 16gb? I'd be fine with underclocking the kingston memory to match the crucial, I just need to know how to do it.

I have an MSI z97 PC Mate and a 4790k.

Specs: i7 4790k, r9 280 windforce OC, 8gb hyperx fury 1866 RAM, z97 PC Mate, 256gb mx100, black pearl r4, 2tb WD Red (soon)

I've never tried it, but I believe that it will automatically reset both kits to the default 1333 Mhz, and you would then have to manually set them to 1600.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Thanks

Specs: i7 4790k, r9 280 windforce OC, 8gb hyperx fury 1866 RAM, z97 PC Mate, 256gb mx100, black pearl r4, 2tb WD Red (soon)