EVGA PSU vs Corsair PSU?

Hey, I'm planning to build my first gaming computer with these components. But I don't know much about power supply's. I was wondering if you could help me which would be better for gaming, Photoshop and general work (e.g. Microsoft word). It's between the  EVGA SuperNOVA NEX, 650w,  80+ Gold Certified, Fully modular PSU and the Corsair CS Series, 650w, 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular. 

Thanks 

post-191808-0-45283400-1424631658_thumb.

Hey, I'm planning to build my first gaming computer with these components. But I don't know much about power supply's. I was wondering if you could help me which would be better for gaming, Photoshop and general work (e.g. Microsoft word). It's between the  EVGA SuperNOVA NEX, 650w,  80+ Gold Certified, Fully modular PSU and the Corsair CS Series, 650w, 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular. 

Neither. The EVGA is better then the Corsair CS in every area except the most important one which is 12V Vreg. Neither are generally mind blowing PSUs.

Get this instead.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550bbefx

"Rawr XD"

I vote EVGA because of dat customer service, but also that PSU comes with (subjectively) better looking cables.

I would personally go with the EVGA, but both would be fine. (The EVGA will be easier to clean up the cables, though)

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

I vote EVGA because of dat customer service, but also that PSU comes with (subjectively) better looking cables.

I would personally go with the EVGA, but both would be fine. (The EVGA will be easier to clean up the cables, though)

The EVGA fanboyism is real. People should do research before suggesting just based on brand.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1476935/why-you-should-not-buy-an-evga-supernova-nex650g-750g

regulation_12v.gifregulation_12v.gif

"Rawr XD"

I would give up both corsair & evga and use seasonic. Never had problems with them, perfect for me.

-snip-

Slow your role mate and stop calling people fanboys.

I own EVGA stuff and never had issues with them, so I'm going to recommend them. I don't really care what those benchmarks say, as long as my shit works and have no power issues, GG.

Please read the CoC before you go off on a tangent and call people fanboys.

Slow your role mate and stop calling people fanboys.

I own EVGA stuff and never had issues with them, so I'm going to recommend them. I don't really care what those benchmarks say, as long as my shit works and have no power issues, GG.

The hypocritical statements...... 

Please read the CoC before you go off on a tangent and call people fanboys.

You're the one going on a tangent buddy, you're the one that should read the CoC. Here it is for you: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

There isn't anything that states that being a fanboy or loyal to a brand is not allowed, however neither is anything that states how proving that one product is better then the other even if it's from a less reputable brand is unacceptable behavior. 

OP asked a question on which power supply was a better unit, not which one that people liked more from a personal brand-based standpoint, and that is what was answered.

"Rawr XD"

Thanks 

attachicon.gifcc5cbbb2dd7fc6971d690a258eacd0fd.png

Have you bought anything yet ? If not what is your budget ?

Have you bought anything yet ? If not what is your budget ?

no i havent but im getting the windows 7 and hard drive for free and around £1000

no i havent but im getting the windows 7 and hard drive for free and around £1000

Oh, just noticed you're in the UK. My bad.

In that case if you're looking for a great PSU for the money for your PC and want modularity, I'd consider this XFX ProSeries 650W. It's made by Seasonic, so you know it's great quality.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650xxxb9

"Rawr XD"

The hypocritical statements......

Hypocritical? I don't follow.

You're the one going on a tangent buddy, you're the one that should read the CoC. Here it is for you: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

Except you did it out of malice.

There isn't anything that states that being a fanboy or loyal to a brand is not allowed, however neither is anything that states how proving that one product is better then the other even if it's from a less reputable brand is unacceptable behavior.

No, but the way you're coming across isn't promoting a friendly atmosphere either.

How about a Black and White build

The power supply is hidden in this case, along with the internal drive bays.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£181.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  (£65.38 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£88.76 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£73.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  (£275.94 @ Aria PC) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  (£89.06 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£69.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£74.43 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1018.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-22 19:34 GMT+0000

Oh brother, I can already hear the BX100 bandwagon coming down the road

There is nothing wrong with the BX100.

How about a Black and White build 

The power supply is hidden in this case, along with the internal drive bays.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£181.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  (£65.38 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£88.76 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£73.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  (£275.94 @ Aria PC) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  (£89.06 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£69.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£74.43 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1018.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-22 19:34 GMT+0000

i would really like a black and white build

i would really like a black and white build but i like the corsair 500r case and maybe an all in one CPU water cooler. 

and i get windows 7 ultimate for free

i would really like a black and white build but i like the corsair 500r case and maybe an all in one CPU water cooler. 

and i get windows 7 ultimate for free

If you go with the Corsair 500R though then you won't see the components inside  :) so colour coordinating is a waste with a non windowed case.

If you go with the Corsair 500R though then you won't see the components inside  :) so colour coordinating is a waste with a non windowed case.

i didnt think im going to go with a black and white build because i cant find a nice case with a window