r9 290 cooler options

GeneralBear

i have 2 refrence r9 290 cards and their tosty was wondering whats out their for coolers i cant afford to do water and all i can find is the arctic tripple fan cooler for air

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Corsair G10 brackets with corsair H50 AIO coolers

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Pretty much this. Of course you could try strapping some fans to the side and space out the cards if you want a cheaper solution, it will work somewhat but it's not exactly ideal...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i have 2 refrence r9 290 cards and their tosty was wondering whats out their for coolers i cant afford to do water and all i can find is the arctic tripple fan cooler for air

Kraken G10 + Asetek AIO cooler is a good option, however note the following...

As I just said in a thread that's on the same subject (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/313500-sapphire-r9-290-reference-aftermarket-cooler-options-help/) :

When you use the Kraken G10, your VRMs are cooled by the small fan on the bracket. From experience I've noticed that that wasn't enough to keep the vrm (vrm1 or vrm2 can't remember) temps lower than the 90ish oC mark (the other vrm temp was fine). I had to use heatsinks to improve the heat transfer. Gelid makes a bracket that goes over the VRM line exactly for that purpose. Small heatsinks are pretty cheap. You'll also need double sided thermal tape.

Note that my experience relates to a crossfire setup where the bottom card cooks the top one and where the isn't much space for the small fan's intake. It could be that the fan is enough VRM cooling for a single card setup.

Spoiler

yeah i was gonan preorder a g10 but i heard about the vrm temps. im wondering how much space the arctic accelero 4 takes or even the 3

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate