BitFenix Alchemy sleeved cable extensions

NZXT Sleeved LED 2m

2 Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition Fans

2 Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition Fans

NZXT Grid Fan Hub

IMG 5223

IMG 5246

IMG 5265

This build began around a year ago. I had £450 ($700) and wanted something to replace my ageing Xbox 360 for gaming. I settled to build the original specification system (including an NZXT Source 210, stock AMD CPU cooler, Radeon HD7770, and used 120GB laptop hard drive) which I thought would mostly satisfy my needs. From then on I have poured whatever money I could find into the bottomless pit that is the PC component market. The system has nearly doubled in value since the original build, and I’m relatively content with its current state. 

Things that I’d still like to change/add:

• Power supply - I was unsure if 500 watts was going to be enough for an 8350 and GTX 970, but it seems to work. I’d still like to upgrade to a fully modular unit around 750 watts.
  • CPU cooler - Although the Dark Rock 3 is a monster that is more than capable, I’ve got my eye on that new H110i GT. 
  • SSD - I’m going to pick up an 840 EVO 120GB sometime soon. I already have one in a MacBook. Once I replace my laptop (likely within a year) I’ll move it into the 450D and RAID 0. 

Desktop: AMD FX-8350 // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB // Corsair CX500M // Corsair 450D // Seagate Barracuda 2TB // Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

Laptop: 2015 MacBook Pro // 13-inch Retina // 2.7GHz Intel i5-5257U // 16GB DDR3 SDRAM // Intel Iris 6100 1536MB // 128GB PCIe SSD

Black and white is very nice. Nice build. 

(Sticking the my Black and Orange though)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@ABigPurpleGoose Sick build dude, just flip the cooler 90 degrees if you can (so fan is facing back). This will give you a better airflow path and prob. better temps. Other than that, great, simple build

P.S. Follow your own topics!  :D

P.P.S Nice iphone pics BTW

@ABigPurpleGoose Sick build dude, just flip the cooler 90 degrees if you can (so fan is facing back). This will give you a better airflow path and prob. better temps. Other than that, great, simple build

P.S. Follow your own topics!  :D

P.P.S Nice iphone pics BTW

@nicon I think having the BeQuiet logo writing the wrong way round would just bug me out  :P My temps are fine, I never see them above 50c. Thanks for the tips anyway, man. 

Desktop: AMD FX-8350 // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB // Corsair CX500M // Corsair 450D // Seagate Barracuda 2TB // Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

Laptop: 2015 MacBook Pro // 13-inch Retina // 2.7GHz Intel i5-5257U // 16GB DDR3 SDRAM // Intel Iris 6100 1536MB // 128GB PCIe SSD

@nicon I think having the BeQuiet logo writing the wrong way round would just bug me out  :P My temps are fine, I never see them above 50c. Thanks for the tips anyway, man. 

I see. Be quiet should anticipate this and put the logo right side up when it's sideways!

Alright, final thing. You might want to ask around if flipping your rear fan (air bring pushed into case) is a good idea so the hot air will rise out the top. The top fan can help with that too. The fan sticker will show (ugh) but if you're okay with it, try it. If the temps are worth the bad looks, well that's your call.

You also might want to ask around in the Air Cooling section to see if anybody there has some input.