Samsung Galaxy S6 Design Confirmation?

OH LOOK nothing changed but no one is complaining :o

:P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Well, it still has cheap plastic and from what I see metal trim around the phone

I have mixed feelings about this but the front has note look and the back looks like the s series

it looks almost like a glass back to me. Like the iPhone 4. That would suck.

Something about the lock screen makes me think the software will look nicer. That lock screen looks pretty nice.

Well, it still has cheap plastic and from what I see metal trim around the phone

Still prefer plastic than metal

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Something about the lock screen makes me think the software will look nicer. That lock screen looks pretty nice.

Looks like it's running iOS.

019df08624.PNG

Hey all,

I Know this isn't much to go on but this case company has released there cases for the GS6 and essentially confirmed the design or at least shown that there won't be any major design changes in terms of aesthetics. 

http://www.spigen.com/galaxy-s6-case-thin-fit-smooth-black.html?color=Smooth+Black

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

OH LOOK nothing changed but no one is complaining :o

:P

1 its a render for a case not an official release. how the hell can you say anything about how it looks?

2 three comments in you haven't given people a chance to say anything

very informative.....just linking to the CoC, whats the point!  you could explain what you think is wrong or even better, not side seat mod.  report the post and let the mods deal with it.

BOT who cares. there is not alot to go on. 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

1 its a render for a case not an official release. how the hell can you say anything about how it looks?

2 three comments in you haven't given people a chance to say anything

very informative.....just linking to the CoC, whats the point!  you could explain what you think is wrong or even better, not side seat mod.  report the post and let the mods deal with it.

BOT who cares. there is not alot to go on. 

He is supposed to read it and follow it before making news posts...I'm sure he's self conscious enough to see what's wrong.

And that's not the CoC, it's the Posting Guideline for this section.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

He is supposed to read it and follow it before making news posts...I'm sure he's self conscious enough to see what's wrong.

And that's not the CoC, it's the Posting Guideline for this section.

congrats on the promotion to mod

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

congrats on the promotion to mod

Looking at some of what they do around here and from my experiences and interactions with them, i would never wish to be one.

Nobody here likes shitposting nor lazy posts.

I do hope that's a full metal sides and back, or at the very least something very similar to the Galaxy alpha and note 4, because damn those phones look nice. It's certainly similar to the alpha with the flash and sensors to the side of the camera.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

You say cheap plastic but that plastic will be far lighter and more durable than any aluminium phone.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

You say cheap plastic but that plastic will be far lighter and more durable than any aluminium phone.

Consumer reports' tests showed that the 5s is the most durable phone, a phone which happens to be a mainly glass and aluminium phone. Aluminum is also used in airplanes due to how strong yet light they are. Unlike plastic, Aluminum has no harmful effects on the environment. 

Holy crap, how is it at all legal to make it look that much like the iPhone? Prior iterations shared commonalities, but holy crap.

Consumer reports' tests showed that the 5s is the most durable phone, a phone which happens to be a mainly glass and aluminium phone. Aluminum is also used in airplanes due to how strong yet light they are. Unlike plastic, Aluminum has no harmful effects on the environment. 

You can't compare a phone's material to an airplane. An airplane won't use a millimeter thick aluminum. And link the report, pretty sure all they did was drop it or try to scratch it to see how durable the screen was, which says nothing about the back of the phone. Plastic is alot more durable in phones.  This is an unreal test, but if you drop a bunch of bowling balls on phones, pretty sure the plastic one would retain its shape the longest.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Holy crap, how is it at all legal to make it look that much like the iPhone? Prior iterations shared commonalities, but holy crap.

It's not that similar.... both cameras are in different locations, home button is shaped differently, the lockscreen looks really similar to iOS7/8 though

You can't compare a phone's material to an airplane. An airplane won't use a millimeter thick aluminum. And link the report, pretty sure all they did was drop it or try to scratch it to see how durable the screen was, which says nothing about the back of the phone. Plastic is alot more durable in phones.  This is an unreal test, but if you drop a bunch of bowling balls on phones, pretty sure the plastic one would retain its shape the longest.

Here you go buddy: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/consumer-reports-tests-iphone-6-bendgate/index.htm

btw, all plastic phones, even the S5 has some metal internally to reinforce its structural integrity, if it was truly plastic, it'll just bend like rubber.

Here you go buddy: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/consumer-reports-tests-iphone-6-bendgate/index.htm

btw, all plastic phones, even the S5 has some metal internally to reinforce its structural integrity, if it was truly plastic, it'll just bend like rubber.

The video shows that the note 3 and g3 were the most durable....

The video shows that the note 3 and g3 were the most durable....

The pictures show that only the iPhone 5 didn't fall apart and was still able to function.

The pictures show that only the iPhone 5 didn't fall apart and was still able to function.

The pictures aren't providing any information. HTC M8 and iPhone 6 is also showing their lit displays, they don't even show the screens of the note 3 and g3, so you can't draw any kind of conclusion from the pictures. Just like the information provides, plastic devices are alot more durable than aluminum phones.

The pictures aren't providing any information. HTC M8 and iPhone 6 is also showing their lit displays, they don't even show the screens of the note 3 and g3, so you can't draw any kind of conclusion from the pictures. Just like the information provides, plastic devices are alot more durable than aluminum phones.

Throughout most of our test, the LG G3 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 bent, then recovered completely from each step up in force. But at 130 pounds, the case of the G3 fractured. At 150 pounds of force, the Note 3's screen splintered and it stopped working.

At least read the entire article before trying to argue.......

Edit: Also by "Deformation" they mean permanent deformation, my definition of deformation would also include temporary deformation, of which plastic will easily deform at the slightest use of force, by design.