New build thermal paste.

tlmills82

I'm waiting on the last 2 shipments to arrive this coming Thursday (Feb 19th) to finish my new build.  I ordered a CM Hyper 212 EVO for the cooler.

I have an old tube of Arctic Silver 5 laying around (6ish years old).\

Should I just stick with the stock paste or use the AS5?  Does this stuff lose potency over time? 

I'm waiting on the last 2 shipments to arrive this coming Thursday (Feb 19th) to finish my new build.  I ordered a CM Hyper 212 EVO for the cooler.

I have an old tube of Arctic Silver 5 laying around (6ish years old).\

Should I just stick with the stock paste or use the AS5?  Does this stuff lose potency over time? 

Theoretically there is no expiry date on thermal paste as long as it does not dry out, but I would use some new stuff considering the age.

Is the paste that comes on the 212 EVO good enough or will I notice  a big difference changing it?

Is the paste that comes on the 212 EVO good enough or will I notice  a big difference changing it?

The best to the worst thermal pastes will give approx a few degrees in improvement so not really in most situations.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-performance-benchmark,3616-18.html