Build Log-Minecraft Render Box

Introduction and Purpose-

No pics yet but coming soon once I get all my parts.Saturday maybe.

The purpose is to MAX out Minecraft in 4K with 523 Mods.It is ment to go superkill.This is purely minecraft machine and nothing else.

Parts List-

Not going to upload pics yet but there coming-

CPU:Intel Core i5-4590 Quad Core @ 3.3GHz

Minercraft is CPU bound for the most part but when adding mods such as shaders it can get graphically intense.Overall an i5 is overkill because the recommended specs is a i3.The 4590 will destroy minecraft no matter how many mods.

CPU Cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

No stock cooling on ANY build I will ever do. Period.

Memory:(4x4)(DDR3-2133)G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB

Overkill.Solid Ram.Period Again.

Storage:Samsung 850 Pro 120GB/2TB Seagate Barracuda 2TB 

The SSD for saving core/jar files for minecraft and the 2TB for other stuff like mods.

GPU:Saphire Radeon R9-295X2....Just joking its a 280 Dual X

And again Overkill and great for OpenGL 2.2 Dirext X-11 and 12 when 12 comes out.Should be able to handle shades just fine.

Case:NZXT S340

Simple and Minecraft modable

PSU:Seasonic GII2 620W Full Modular

It works

Pics coming this Saturday!

@Enderman

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

nooice build, hoping to see dem pics

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Errmm, a 295x2 on a 630w PSU. You might want to reconsider that choice.

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

I think in this instance, a G3258 would be better than an i5-4590 because its minecraft.

minecraft uses just 1 thread right??

in that case an uber-overclocking g3258 would have been better

I have a 4790k and a gtx 970 sc and I cant even run minecraft... :angry:

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

I have a 4790k and a gtx 970 sc and I cant even run minecraft... :angry:

What The Freak?

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

I am just gonna put this out there...I can barely get 60fps when running minecraft with 101 mods with a GTX 980 and 3770k...and that is mainly because of how poorly Minecraft is optimized 

I had shaders and 91 mods on my old  server HD Graphics Pentium G2020 57.3 Average fps.And without fraps +10% more FPS

I had shaders and 91 mods on my old  server HD Graphics Pentium G2020 57.3 Average fps.And without fraps +10% more FPS

I was totally joking haha. :D

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

I am just gonna put this out there...I can barely get 60fps when running minecraft with 101 mods with a GTX 980 and 3770k...and that is mainly because of how poorly Minecraft is optimized 

This.

minecraft uses just 1 thread right??

in that case an uber-overclocking g3258 would have been better

No it uses 1.5 to be exact.

101 mods, there's your problem.

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

But the op wants to run 523 mods with a 280

So I can't imagine that is playable

It depends on the the mods, some can be very CPU intensive, and other GPU intensive, like shaders, or if you're running a 128x or 512x texture/resource pack. I don't know why 101 mods would slow it down, but I know with my Potato CPU I was able to run over 100 mods (SkyFactory 2) quite well. And my CPU is an AMD Sempron 140, this ting isn't even for sale anymore.

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

It depends on the the mods, some can be very CPU intensive, and other GPU intensive, like shaders, or if you're running a 128x or 512x texture/resource pack. I don't know why 101 mods would slow it down, but I know with my Potato CPU I was able to run over 100 mods (SkyFactory 2) quite well. And my CPU is an AMD Sempron 140, this ting isn't even for sale anymore.

I was talking about mods such as used in skyfactory type.

• 1 month later...

Introduction and Purpose-

No pics yet but coming soon once I get all my parts.Saturday maybe.

The purpose is to MAX out Minecraft in 4K with 523 Mods.It is ment to go superkill.This is purely minecraft machine and nothing else.

Parts List-

Not going to upload pics yet but there coming-

CPU:Intel Core i5-4590 Quad Core @ 3.3GHz

Minercraft is CPU bound for the most part but when adding mods such as shaders it can get graphically intense.Overall an i5 is overkill because the recommended specs is a i3.The 4590 will destroy minecraft no matter how many mods.

CPU Cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

No stock cooling on ANY build I will ever do. Period.

Memory:(4x4)(DDR3-2133)G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB

Overkill.Solid Ram.Period Again.

Storage:Samsung 850 Pro 120GB/2TB Seagate Barracuda 2TB 

The SSD for saving core/jar files for minecraft and the 2TB for other stuff like mods.

And again Overkill and great for OpenGL 2.2 Dirext X-11 and 12 when 12 comes out.Should be able to handle shades just fine.

Case:NZXT S340

Simple and Minecraft modable

PSU:Seasonic GII2 620W Full Modular

It works

Pics coming this Saturday!

@Enderman

I'd go with a 4690K and disable two cores and overclock the hell out of the chip.

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

My 7850K manages Minecraft just fine with tons of mods. I was running Yogscast Complete at 70fps. I did add the fpsplus mod though so that helped.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.