2D vs 3D movies?

Tr33

What is your opinion on this? Do u watch only 2d,only 3d or a mix of both? I watch 2d only(well once my aunt took me to imax 3d- have to say nothing special of an experience over 2d) Whats the deal with 3d? How is it so great?

BLAOW!!!!

What is your opinion on this? Do u watch only 2d,only 3d or a mix of both? I watch 2d only(well once my aunt took me to imax 3d- have to say nothing special of an experience over 2d) Whats the deal with 3d? How is it so great?

depends on the movie, some movies are done very poorly when it comes to 3d and its hardly noticeable where as some movies are done extremely well to the point your flinching when things come flying at you lol, i watch a mix of both but mainly 2d, i also gave 3d gaming a try not to long ago for the hell of it and i have to say crysis 3 in 3d was pretty damn awesome as well as a few others but the novelty of it wore off pretty quick lol 

I cant see 3d so the few times i went it just looked like a blurry pile of crap. I like 2d much more.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I cant see 3d so the few times i went it just looked like a blurry pile of crap. I like 2d much more.

I agree. i found fast action scenes looked kind of blurry and the depth perception between near and distant objects feels unnatural to me. 

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Most 3-D movies looks like it's been done by EA, most simply, utter, crap. Until they can make 3-D effects at least half decent to watch, I'll be sticking with 2-D movies.  

I wear glasses mainly and hate wearing contacts for long periods of time so I prefer 2D. Plus 3D is just a fad to give what consumers want. If 3D was such and advancement they would have kept it when it was first used in cinemas. Even Sony stated that they will be no longer supporting 3D with their televisions within the future opting for higher resolutions.

I generally prefer 2d but some movies really get a huge benefit from 3d

3D is superior but lot movies aren't avaible yet in 3D. The movie industry wants to get rid of 3D because its to expansive to record 3D movies.

What? That is completely wrong and I have no idea where you got that from.

Anyway, I generally dislike 3D. Man of Steel had good 3D. Quite a few effects and it wasn't blurry like a lot of 3D movies. The Hobbit was also sharp and looked nice, but I only remember like 3-4 effects in that movie, so that's only slightly more than 1 effect per hour. That's a waste if you ask me.

Subtitles looks nice with 3D though, since they appear in front of the video. Oh but let's not forget all the badly done 3D movies. Prometheus was disappointing in 3D, since it was too dark so it became blurry, and I don't remember any 3D effect from it so I assume it didn't add anything. Thor was also disappointing in 3D, and so was Tron Legacy, Star Wars episode 1 (that movie is always a disappointment by the way) and pretty much all other 3D movies I have seen the last few years. All it does is make the movie darker, make fast scenes blurry and it doesn't add anything valuable to the experience. From what I've seen, only movies which are bright, and has a lot of CGI and preferably not many fast scenes, are fit for 3D.

I prefer 3d over 2d for most things. The movie needs to be filmed in 3d though and not converted in post. The difference is night and day much clearer picture and better depth when it is filmed. When Avatar came out it was a hit for its 3d but that was filmed in 3d. Than a bunch of movies came out after wanting to do the same thing but cheap out and do it in post which made the 3d terrible and reduced interest in the technology. So I feel the movie industry destroyed the chances of 3d getting big because of the route they took. People were less interested in 3d movies that were converted then filmed.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Some movies are more entertaining in 3d like Prometheus. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

For me it really comes down to if it detracts or adds to my overall viewing experience. I'd rather see something in super HD that takes my breath away than a mildly blurry movie with the occasional pop out any day. 3D just hasn't gotten to the point where I consider it more immersive than good 2D yet.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

I've never watched a 3D movie, but I'd guess that it'd just feel weird to me. When I'm even a ltitle tired looking at a plain wall in dim light feels weird to me...

Sarah Jessica Parker

• 2 weeks later...

The few movies that I've watched in 3D (Avatar, MIB 3, and Saw 3D) weren't at all enjoyable experiences for me. People can bash me as much as they want for this, but the 3D effect in those movies gave me awful headaches from the start of the films. I've yet to try 3D in home, so that might be different, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by sticking with 2D video.

3d movies are amazing when done correctlyl.  All our tvs are 3d able and we use them when ever we can.  We've gotten some dud movies but the good ones make up for it.