I regret getting Monsta rads. Loop help needed =\

Jedicake

My build was going pretty good until I hit a snag. RVoMbBk.jpg

As you can see, sitting there is the pump, as we all know, a great place to put a pump is just hook it to the reservoir with a male to male connector. Not enough space. (I'm even planning on adding pull fans to the bottom rad too, so not even close)

What modifications would you guys make? If this wasn't rigid tubing it would be easy to fix, but alas of course I have to try out rigid again.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Holy... :blink: That rad is thick :blink: I think you dont need that much cooling surface, just get a thinner radiator.

Could maybe get one day shipping on a shorter reservoir

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Could maybe get one day shipping on a shorter reservoir

I would just stick to a thinner rad, you dont need that thick. Can you return it a swap for thinner?

Holy... :blink: That rad is thick :blink: I think you dont need that much cooling surface, just get a thinner radiator.

NO DAMN YOU I BELIEVE IN IT

jk, no denying it's way too thick =\

I would just stick to a thinner rad, you dont need that thick. Can you return it a swap for thinner?

Ehhhh  I doubt it

Quick fix: fans on top of the rad and then just two of three fans on the bottom rad, that could fit. Then rebuild the system at the first maintenance with the final setup.

Maybe you could add fittings to both your pump and reservoir and have the pump sit somewhere behind that panel(underneath the 5.25" bays)? I'm not sure what you would mount the pump to, but you could get creative.

Hmm... I guess I could put the pump RIGHT behind the panel, just link a rigid tube (actually two), one to the res and another to the radiator.... ty I'll experiment

Ugh if I did get rid of those 3 top fans it would solve more than one problem.... but they look soooo cool (not to brag)

Update: I'm ordering overnight shipping Bitspower 150ml cause I'm a spoiled idiot who doesn't want to make any tradeoffs.

Actually I should probably measure before ordering just to be sure :P

Ty for everyone's help

Keep the Monsta, get a smaller res. I still use mine from years ago. The Monsta is that good

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

I'm with Vlad, get a shorter reservoir! That'll be the much lesser expense and it's a lot easier to change out your res than the radiators.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Keep the Monsta, get a smaller res. I still use mine from years ago. The Monsta is that good

Agreed. Even though people always say push/pull barely makes a difference, I really do think push/pull on a monsta rad makes quite a significant difference

push/pull on a thick rad makes a big difference.  Also, fuck practicality, there is nothing practical about liquid cooling, everybody at some point should know that.  You do what you want because you want to and that's all that matters because you're paying for it.  I personally think the rig looks pretty sick man, go with the smaller res and link it up and let it flow!

P.S. What did you use for linking the GPU water blocks?  I'm in the process of a 980 SLI set up and I don't really wanna use the big SLI liquid cooling bridges that EK makes, I like the style you have goin.

Damn and I thought my rads were thick  :blink: It does fill out the primo quite nicely though. Good idea going with the smaller res although it may look a little off compared to the size of the rads. Do you have a build log I can follow this is a pretty nice rig.

@dasr1985 watercooling is plenty practical my 980s run 30 degrees cooler overclocked on water then stock on evga acx2.0 coolers. (35-45 load vs 65-75 load)

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

Damn and I thought my rads were thick  :blink: It does fill out the primo quite nicely though. Good idea going with the smaller res although it may look a little off compared to the size of the rads. Do you have a build log I can follow this is a pretty nice rig.

@dasr1985 watercooling is plenty practical my 980s run 30 degrees cooler overclocked on water then stock on evga acx2.0 coolers. (35-45 load vs 65-75 load)

I agree with you, I just meant in practical terms of price and operation.  It's possible to run all of our systems under air and keep them at great operating temperatures and be just fine.  Is that what we want to do? No, and along with that while we're liquid cooling our systems we are also spending money on aesthetics to make it look good.

I'm not against liquid cooling also, been doing it for a long time and I love it.  I just meant practicality in terms of saying you don't need this or don't need that.  Screw that non sense, I need exactly what I want to be in my system, lol.  I love how cool and quiet my system is 90% of the time, the other 10% of the time I'm enjoying the hum of the fans on my radiators and my 40C load temperatures :D

P.S. What did you use for linking the GPU water blocks?  I'm in the process of a 980 SLI set up and I don't really wanna use the big SLI liquid cooling bridges that EK makes, I like the style you have goin.

Bitspower Aqua Pipe. Minor regret is not just getting C48 SLI fittings and using clear tubes so you can see the red dye between them, maybe I'll eventually do that