A few questions...

Zackey_TNT

Hi just picked up my logitech G502 and while configing the mouse i came across an option that has confused me.

So what better place then linus tech tips to get help!

My question is in the logitech gaming software has the option to enable "acceleration" which it claims enhances pointer precision (No, Really It does look http://i.imgur.com/os6vmCs.jpg)My problem with that is and why it confuses me is that i hear acceleration for mouse is 100% crap and should never be used but yet it claims that... So wat do? off or on?

Off.  It's for.. weird things such as apps where you need that fake motion for.. I don't even know.

It's not for precision, trust me.

Mouse acceleration just needs to go away. It's baaaad, mmkay?

there is hardware based mouse acceleration and software based mouse acceleration. hardware based mouse acceleration is bad because its the sensor struggling to accurately track your movement and is unpredictable. Software based mouse acceleration is consistent, and can give you the benefit of the accuracy of low sensitivity with the ease of turning like high sensitivities. However, software based mouse acceleration is hard to get used to and is only for the really hardcore, and if you want to try it, you would be better off using third party software that lets you customize the acceleration curve, not just flip an acceleration switch on.