Just curious - which one would you choose?

Guest Strangerbob

Assuming money is no object and you would max everything with max framerates on both, but you can only choose one.

acer xr341ck (curved 34", 21:9, IPS, 144hz, 3440x1440, Gsync with optional ULMB feature, 1000:1 contrast, 4ms pixel response time for grey2grey, 10ms input lag)

OR

lg ef9500 (flat 55", 16:9, OLED, 60hz, 3840x2160, actually infinite contrast, perfect black, perfect color, 0.001 ms response times for all color shifts, 10ms input lag with gamer mode)

I would pick 34", 21:9, OLED, 144Hz, 4K (21:9 version), Gsync, infinite contrast, perfect black, perfect color

I want this monitor Q_Q

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

do you know that one is a tv and the other is a monitor right?

I'd go with the Acer for G-sync alone. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

First as second is too big for desk.

Second one for me!

Sadly my money is finite :P

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

55" would be too big for a monitor imo, but for gaming in the living room, it'd be great.

With that said, I'd choose the xr341ck for every day use/gaming/editing (what I do) and the ef9500 if most of what I did on my PC was game from the couch or something like that.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I would pick 34", 21:9, OLED, 144Hz, 4K (21:9 version), Gsync, infinite contrast, perfect black, perfect color

I want this monitor Q_Q

thats not on an available option.

however the two options i listed will exist in 2015

I'd go for the 1st one.

2nd one is too large.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Acer.

Personally I'm waiting for the Acer Predator XR341CK, going to be the perfect monitor, if they can make it happen. Im building a new rig next week when the parts arrive, and cant wait for this monitor to release. Ill be buying it day one.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

If I had to choose between the two options I'd go for the Acer. 55 inches is too big for me since I live in a studio apartment. However, I'm not sure I would like a curved monitor. I don't like a monitor that I can't put flush against a wall or have to sit in a specific "sweet spot" to enjoy it.

Yeye, i get it.... everyone would take the xr341ck over the oled...

Its just that - i saw what OLED looks like in the store and, well... its on another level. Picture and motion clarity + the perfect black make any LCD ive ever seen like utter garbage. Its surreal actually.

Even @ 60hz the motion clarity seemed impossible... i guess thats what you get with 0.001 ms response times for ALL color shifts, not just grey2grey.

Its basically the return of CRT, except its not a small, heavy, superflickering screen.