Shure SRH1540 vs Alpha Dog

Corruption
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

Linustechtips is the first site where I used forums so I'm sorry if I don't understand the unspoken rules. And that last post is for microphones, completely off topic

Thank you for coming to our site, and also for being understanding instead of blowing up. 

As per the thread topic, I'd vote SRH1540, though I've never tried the Alpha Dogs. The Alpha Dogs are something I'd like to own personally because they're freaking gorgeous, but are less likely to be comfortable over longer periods of time due to their weight and also might need amplification depending on personal preference. Shure tends to make products good in every respect instead of great in a few areas, so the 1540 is easy to recommend if you're not keep a collection of headphones for different purposes (ie a great all-rounder).

Which one is better for rock type music, please just say your opinion and don't list the Athm50 like on every single headphone post

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

Ha

I kinda regret posting now that I know he is flat ass broke. Diffusion time would be next, but one of my besties wants to see a movie.

Each post was for different comparisons, how is that a bad thing? I didn't want to ask everything in one post because only a select few interested in only one of the questions would respond and it would get all jumbled.

Each post was for different comparisons, how is that a bad thing?

Making so many threads is bad because we already have tons of threads about various things. When someone weighs in, you want them to have the full context of the conversation so they can put in their two cents about each headphone discussed.

I didn't want to ask everything in one post because only a select few interested in only one of the questions would respond and it would get all jumbled.

You have jumbled responses already, and it's caused by multiple threads, not one thread. People interested in answering your question(s) have already replied to each thread and that's because we have a small pool of people who regularly reply to audio threads. Multiple threads simply makes it more difficult for us to keep track of what's been discussed about various products.

I don't harp on anyone making a separate thread for headphones and source, but when you start a third which is the same relative topic that your first was about, I feel i gotta nip it in the bud.

Edit: And a fourth? Come on, dude....

Making so many threads is bad because we already have tons of threads about various things. When someone weighs in, you want them to have the full context of the conversation so they can put in their two cents about each headphone discussed.

You have jumbled responses already, and it's caused by multiple threads, not one thread. People interested in answering your question(s) have already replied to each thread and that's because we have a small pool of people who regularly reply to audio threads. Multiple threads simply makes it more difficult for us to keep track of what's been discussed about various products.

I don't harp on anyone making a separate thread for headphones and source, but when you start a third which is the same relative topic that your first was about, I feel i gotta nip it in the bud.

Edit: And a fourth? Come on, dude....

Linustechtips is the first site where I used forums so I'm sorry if I don't understand the unspoken rules. And that last post is for microphones, completely off topic

Thank you for coming to our site, and also for being understanding instead of blowing up. 

As per the thread topic, I'd vote SRH1540, though I've never tried the Alpha Dogs. The Alpha Dogs are something I'd like to own personally because they're freaking gorgeous, but are less likely to be comfortable over longer periods of time due to their weight and also might need amplification depending on personal preference. Shure tends to make products good in every respect instead of great in a few areas, so the 1540 is easy to recommend if you're not keep a collection of headphones for different purposes (ie a great all-rounder).

Shure they do. (yes i just have to do that)

Shure they do. (yes i just have to do that)

It'd make more sense if you specified what you were agreeing/disagreeing with.

It'd make more sense if you specified what you were agreeing/disagreeing with.

The part where you said shure makes good products