Amp / Sound Card help

I was just wondering, would I need a good sound card if im getting a pretty high end amp, or does the amp act as a sound card? Im planning on getting the Sennheiser HD 800 headphones and the HDVD 800 amplifier.

If you have money and will to buy it than buy it. I personally think people pay pretty high prices for not so big improvement.

Looks like that HDVD800 has a built in DAC; read the product page when you are spending that much money on something.

Looks like a waste of money, to me.

Do it if you want, but I see no reason in dropping over 3.5K on headphones and an AMP or DAC

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

I was just wondering, would I need a good sound card if im getting a pretty high end amp, or does the amp act as a sound card? Im planning on getting the Sennheiser HD 800 headphones and the HDVD 800 amplifier.

Soundcards are a DAC and Amp on a PCB "card" which goes into your computer. We recommend getting an external solution (which usually connects over USB, sometimes optical) as it limits the possibility of interference from other computer components. The Sennheiser HDVD 800 has both a DAC and amp in the unit.

Do it if you want, but I see no reason in dropping over 3.5K on headphones and an AMP or DAC

You can buy a quality car for that, you hit the point of wasting cash long before you get to that point.

HDVA and HDVD is certainly good product, but I don't think you get best bang for buck in those stuffs. In other words, when you tried it on, it's good, but when you hear the price, it's meh....

Lots of quality amps, even tube devices at <$500, just search on reviews.