Acer XB270H or Asus VG248QE

Brama

Im debating between 2x Asus VG248QE or a Acer XB270H Abprz 27.0" and a 2nd very cheap end monitor like the LG 22M35D 22.0"

in both cases the 2nd monitor will pretty much only be for reading stream chat. Obvioulsy VG248QE for that purpose is overkill and a waste. But I just really wanted to have matching sizes and looking monitors for a clean look. So that was more of a splurge for cosmetics more then cost effeciency for performance

Both these set-ups with be powered by 2 GTX 970s SLI

I really like the VG248QE but I feel like I really benefit from G SYNC, especially running in SLI and reaching for high FPS but, unfortunately G SYNC kits have been discontinued for VG248QE.

I also think I would enjoy a 27inch Monitor more although I feel 24inch will be good enough.

My hesitation from the 2nd option is it wont look as clean as having same size and matching monitors. And G SYNC just feels Over Priced at the moment and I know most likely in the near future the prices should be dropping significantly, but I am running out of time to wait.

DIY man http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/diy

The VG248QE, have it and im lovin it

NVIDA cancelled these, even digital storm doesnt sell these anymore. Only way is if u get lucky and find them on ebay or somthing similar. Why they cancelled idk. Perhaps because it was too much of an hassle and they rather push there Monitors with GSYNC included idk

I'd wait for the new Acer and Asus 27 inch screens. 

I'm personally going to grab the Acer g257hu which outclasses the Asus vg248qe in almost every way except refresh rate/latency (and the margin ain't that big either if you are comfortable overclocking a monitor)

I'd wait for the new Acer and Asus 27 inch screens. 

I'm personally going to grab the Acer g257hu which outclasses the Asus vg248qe in almost every way except refresh rate/latency (and the margin ain't that big either if you are comfortable overclocking a monitor)

It also doesnt have a few features such as swivel, and height adjustment I think the asus may have more interface ports as well

That's true but you are doing your 970s a disservice by settling for 1080p.  You basically aren't utilizing the sli setup at all.

• 2 months later...

That's true but you are doing your 970s a disservice by settling for 1080p.  You basically aren't utilizing the sli setup at all.

This sentence just speaks volumes! Thank you Sir, you answered my question I had for 7 months now

:D