Elite:Dangerous

Hello Fellow LTT Members,

I recently acquired Elite: Dangerous as a gift from a friend. I wanted to know of any good sources for getting started. I am doing some research and have found a webisode from this youtuber AdoredTV:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHXbDmbswY3xNOmzr5O3zgA

I noticed Star Citizen had it's own page and thought to myself, "wow, I am hyped for SC as well, but did everyone just overlook this game entirely?". If you play and aren't too far in the game and want to meet up in space some day feel free to message here or PM me or anyone else who follows. Just be careful not to give out any personal information that can lead to any misfortune. Cheers B) 

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

A cool InfoGraph for trading. http://imgur.com/gallery/QsxScn1

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

• 2 weeks later...

Been enjoying it myself -  currently tooling around Empire space trying to get enough money and rank to get me one of them fancy clippers.  Still learning the mechanics and trying to make a living as a trader ... not a very good one tho... 

Been enjoying it myself -  currently tooling around Empire space trying to get enough money and rank to get me one of them fancy clippers.  Still learning the mechanics and trying to make a living as a trader ... not a very good one tho... 

I am still trying to figure out what missions are for what factions, Practicing some flying maneuvers and earning money Bounty hunting so far. I think I want to get the Eagle. I like my viper as of now. CMDR: Prestonslade.

I played it for a few weeks until I got bored with it. There really isn't anything else in the game except grinding for money to get better ships so you can grind money even faster to get even better ships and so on. I'll probably check out the game again in a 6 months or so to see if there's actual content in it by then.

I played it for a few weeks until I got bored with it. There really isn't anything else in the game except grinding for money to get better ships so you can grind money even faster to get even better ships and so on. I'll probably check out the game again in a 6 months or so to see if there's actual content in it by then.

I can understand where you're coming from. My friend was an early adopter as well and just stated playing again. He told me about the new "wings" update that's supposed to add more content including making playing with friends better. 

Not sure if anyone is paying attention to this thread, but I am still having some trouble understanding how to influence a specific faction. Like how do I know what faction the mission belongs to? Or do I have to do a mission and then see who it influences and then take note? Any help is appreciated. Cheers!<3!

Not sure if anyone is paying attention to this thread, but I am still having some trouble understanding how to influence a specific faction. Like how do I know what faction the mission belongs to? Or do I have to do a mission and then see who it influences and then take note? Any help is appreciated. Cheers!<3!

When you are in the bulletin board the right had side shows the particular faction that wants you to do something (the mission title on left).  Its always helpful to check which faction is in control of the station and which faction is aligned with Federation, Empire, or Alliance ... or Independent.   You can do that on the right had panel (status i believe) of your spaceship.  You want to make sure you aren't doing offsetting missions - (working for rival factions) as you will loose rep with whatever faction you are working on. I think turning in bounties as well as cartographic data also help your rep with which ever faction is in control.

Hope that helps !

When you are in the bulletin board the right had side shows the particular faction that wants you to do something (the mission title on left).  Its always helpful to check which faction is in control of the station and which faction is aligned with Federation, Empire, or Alliance ... or Independent.   You can do that on the right had panel (status i believe) of your spaceship.  You want to make sure you aren't doing offsetting missions - (working for rival factions) as you will loose rep with whatever faction you are working on. I think turning in bounties as well as cartographic data also help your rep with which ever faction is in control.

Hope that helps !

Thank you. So no matter what minor faction the mission as long as it's for the Federation it's cool.

Thank you. So no matter what minor faction the mission as long as it's for the Federation it's cool.

Seems to be - trick is to keep an eye out for the Advancement Opportunities in the Bulletin board - after you have done some good things for a Faction that is aligned to something like the Federation - and you do some good things - you get advancement missions which will move your rank up.  - Currently what i am working on doing in the Empire ... want my clipper!

I think I am done with this game. Not my cup of tea. the combat and flight in SC just is bees knees. This game is just too empty for what it is.

I think I am done with this game. Not my cup of tea. the combat and flight in SC just is bees knees. This game is just too empty for what it is.

Ah well - yeah I haven't tried SC yet.  Cheers

It didn't take me too long but spend some time to get the controls set for your joystick, you will need a joystick by the way or a controler. Just get out there and do stuff, you will die a lot but eventually you will get the hang of it. I didn't look up any tutorials until I got the hang of everything first. I learned some new stuff through the reddit page and some videos but don't rely on them.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It didn't take me too long but spend some time to get the controls set for your joystick, you will need a joystick by the way or a controler. Just get out there and do stuff, you will die a lot but eventually you will get the hang of it. I didn't look up any tutorials until I got the hang of everything first. I learned some new stuff through the reddit page and some videos but don't rely on them.

surprisingly i prefer mouse and keyboard over the joystick and controller for both games. I've been playing for a while the controls are fine, but I prefer the SC feel of things and the combot/flight model is better imo in SC. Mix that with a lot of grinding and emptiness lol. I will check back when more content is added(which is what's always said lol). Thanks for the advice though.

surprisingly i prefer mouse and keyboard over the joystick and controller for both games. I've been playing for a while the controls are fine, but I prefer the SC feel of things and the combot/flight model is better imo in SC. Mix that with a lot of grinding and emptiness lol. I will check back when more content is added(which is what's always said lol). Thanks for the advice though.

If you want to make Elite feel realistic you can disengage flight assist which will make the game will more realistic than SC. Flight assist is a feature on ships to allow you to not have to stop your own motion like in real life, so every movement you make you will have to stop that motion. Also gravity will affect the movement of your ship so if you are flying outside of an asteroid belt or are flying next to a planet you will be pulled towards it. Flight assis is generally turned on for me until I get into combat and need to make a really sharp turn where I want to reverse my ship while still flying in the same direction. Its more complex. I haven't played SC though but I don't see how more realistic you could get.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well looks like the "Wings" v1.2 is out  

Yeah I tried it out. Was interesting. I think I will wait till the planet side module comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this  - someone got the Triple Elite award ... 15 hours a day 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-24-elite-dangerous-first-triple-elite-player-just-won-10-000

I literally just read the article on Gamespot.com