~$100 closed-back headphones

nims0c
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

With all of the great reviews and for $68 currently, they're a strong contender. I was hoping to determine whether the ATH-M40x are worth the extra $40 in terms of sound quality.

While that is a good bundle with the M40X, that's an even better price for the Cloud.

There's a bundle on Amazon that includes ATH-M40x headphones, a Zalman clip-on mic, and a FiiO E06 amp for $108 (CAD). This seems like a good deal considering ATH-M40x are $106 alone on Amazon. Are the ATH-M40x worth the extra $40 over HyperX Cloud in terms of sound quality?

Are there any other headphones around the 100 CAD price point worth considering?

Looking for:

-good sound quality (obviously)

-good build quality

-comfort

-closed-back

-usable on phone and tablet

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

used m50x :)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Not sure on the price but... the HyperX Cloud are around there and won Linus's approval.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Not sure on the price but... the HyperX Cloud are around there and won Linus's approval.

With all of the great reviews and for $68 currently, they're a strong contender. I was hoping to determine whether the ATH-M40x are worth the extra $40 in terms of sound quality.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

While I do not own the HyperX, The ATs are really nothing special. The HyperX would be more comfortable and I am going to go out on a limb and say they might sound a bit different but quality-wise they should be similar. 

NVX XPT100s or Shure SRH440. The NVXs are as comfy as pillows and have an even sound signature. Shures have a tough build quality. Both of these have all that you're looking for.

Signature unda construction... in the meantime. Tell me more about yourself. I'm sure you've got an interesting story.

While that is a good bundle with the M40X, that's an even better price for the Cloud.