which manufacturer?

Go to solution Solved by Padunkadunk,

I just used an EVGA 750ti in a budget build for a family member and I was surprised with its performance.

i am building a new pc and i have decided to go with the geforce gtx 750ti (please dont post comments about other gpus, i have gone thru various forums, asked various questions, and after much deliberation, i have decided this is the card for me.) anyways, between evga and zotac, which is the more reliable one for gpus? zotac is cheaper but i read somewhere that alot of people have had issues with their gpus. For this specific model, what would be the best manufacturer to go with. Also i am on a budget, and and the gigabyte windforce edition would be my absolute limit. so between those 3, zotac, gigabyte and ega, which is the best one to go with?

I'd go evga for their awesome customer service and because you can rma a card damaged from overclocking (even though it's kinda hard to do that lol)

zotac is cheaper but i read somewhere that alot of people have had issues with their gpus

A universal rule about the internet is that people post more about their problems than their satisfactions.

No matter what brand, you will always hear more bad than good things. ASUS for example, are the most popular brand in both graphics cards and motherboards. Yet lots of people complain about their customer service as if it was a universal problem, when it's only really in North America.

Zotac, Gigabyte and EVGA are all competent manufacturers. There is no such thing as a manufacturer that is always good or always bad. All companies can make a bad product, and all companies can make a good one. So unless you know the specific failure rate for that individual product, it is impossible to know. Using the ASUS example again, they are very consistently top notch, but even ASUS have made turds, like their R9 280x TOP that after launch showed over 50% return rates due to corrupted VRAM, and it took them a month to fix it. EVGA have released cards with a cooler where not all the heatpipes were even in contact with the GPU. MSI have released cards with leaking fan lubrication. Gigabyte released a Ghz edition of the 780 Ti where a great percentage of the cards had to be clocked down by the end user because of the GPU not being high enough quality to handle the factory overclock.

TL;DR - go for what has the features you need at the lowest possible price. There is no way to safeguard against problems that aren't widely known, Neither of the three manufacturers have a 750 Ti SKU with a type of predictable 'massive' problem as mentioned above.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

All of them are good pick one that fit your budget the most.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Also i am on a budget, and and the gigabyte windforce edition would be my absolute limit. so between those 3, zotac, gigabyte and ega, which is the best one to go with?

All three will work, but I'd go with EVGA, but Zotac makes the cheapest of the three I believe.

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

I just used an EVGA 750ti in a budget build for a family member and I was surprised with its performance.

• 3 weeks later...

went with msi twin frozer 750ti oc and very happy with performance thus far