Hyper evo 212 vs other same priced coolers

pitprok

Are those really sub 30$ coolers? curious because Im getting a locked cpu soon, but want it to be as quiet as possible

well here are all the prices

Arctic    $35

thermalrite  $48

scyth    $56

So its not really as cheap as a 212 evo on sale... which they always have rebates

the arctic one is close

I'm pretty sure the 212 EVO is cheaper than either of those you posted. It's like £25.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Yeah the 212 is cheaper in many places. 

I'm pretty sure the 212 EVO is cheaper than either of those you posted. It's like £25.

I have seen it for sale for £17.95 in Maplin before.

well here are all the prices

Arctic    $35

thermalrite  $48

scyth    $56

So its not really as cheap as a 212 evo on sale... which they always have rebates

the arctic one is close

Well here they are all +-5 dollars

From what i can see, all are in the same efficiency category except the http://www.scythe-eu.com/en/products/cpu-cooler/mugen-max.html

I think that one is better.

Dont you agree ?

Btw what price is the mugen max there ?

Well here they are around 5dollars +-

lots of discounts i guess

What about the Be Quiet! Pure Rock? From what little I've heard about it it sounds like it almost matches the 212 performance while being much quieter. Here in the UK its base price is pennies away from the 212 EVO (less than 20p) with any significant difference difference coming as a result of shipping costs. http://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/532

What about the Be Quiet! Pure Rock? From what little I've heard about it it sounds like it almost matches the 212 performance while being much quieter. Here in the UK its base price is pennies away from the 212 EVO (less than 20p) with any significant difference difference coming as a result of shipping costs. http://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/532

Looks nice but its length is small, isnt that an issue ? I've heard that have a long heatsink is good, thats why i thought the mugen max is better than the other. Plus, its got a 140mm fan, and i think bigger fans are better (i dont know about noise, i think its like 4db louder but i dont know how much that is )

The Evo 212 has been around for ages and is the go to product for cheap air cooling that actually does a decent job. This product is readily available at many retailers and can be found for about $5 to $10 dollars cheaper than it's normal listing price of $35. 

The other products you listed are generally more expensive unless you find a really good deal. 

The Evo 212 is generally the BEST budget cooler, not just because it does a good job cooling your processor while remaining quiet, but also because it's readily available and goes on sale very often. 

The Scythe and Thermalright coolers you listed should have much better performance than the 212 Evo especially with large overclocks.

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...