Buying a mechanical keyboard.

Shaqo_Wyn

I would go with ducky loving mine so far ^^!

G5 casemod is done :D!

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

Oh, no. In fact they have less features than the Ducky keyboards. My Filco has no media keys, no backlighting, no repeat rate or delay rate changing and dip switches, unlike my Ducky Shine 3. The only reason I am using my Filco over my Ducky is because of the build quality. Even with the small jump in price, you really can feel the difference when typing, and that's what I care more about, so I am willing to spend the money. Either way, the Ducky is a fabulous keyboard and is built extremely well, just the Filco is that little bit better. I have never used a Das Keyboard, so I have no idea how they feel to type on, though I am curious as to what they're like. I will always recommend a Ducky if you want a solid keyboard that looks fantastic and nearly any back light colour you can think of. I feel that the reason why I, and many other people have a Filco, is because it's a Filco. 

Thanks! Nice to hear from someone who has both. If I was able to buy both, I probably would. :P

Do you have custom keycaps on em?

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Thanks! Nice to hear from someone who has both. If I was able to buy both, I probably would. :P

Do you have custom keycaps on em?

I have custom keycaps on my Ducky, but not my Filco. I am yet to find any black PBT keycaps in the UK. :( 

I have a Tek Syndicate keycap on the ESC key and the left Crtl key, but you cant see that in this image. :D

Dz2itZg.jpg

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I have custom keycaps on my Ducky, but not my Filco. I am yet to find any black PBT keycaps in the UK. :(

I have a Tek Syndicate keycap on the ESC key and the left Crtl key, but you cant see that in this image. :D

I see, the drop for backlit Vortex Doubleshot PBT keycaps is live again on Massdrop if you want to use them. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-backlit-doubleshot-pbt-keycaps?s=vort

There's also a drop for non-backlit version but that one has yet to be reissued. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-pbt-keycaps?s=vortex

Massdrop is a great website but shipping take a long time.

Nice keycaps! :D

I have one last question, if you buy non-backlit keycaps for the Ducky Shine 3 will the LED's create a sort of underglow effect or will the lighting not be visible at all?

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I see, the drop for backlit Vortex Doubleshot PBT keycaps is live again on Massdrop if you want to use them. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-backlit-doubleshot-pbt-keycaps?s=vort

There's also a drop for non-backlit version but that one has yet to be reissued. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-pbt-keycaps?s=vortex

Massdrop is a great website but shipping take a long time.

Nice keycaps! :D

I have one last question, if you buy non-backlit keycaps for the Ducky Shine 3 will the LED's create a sort of underglow effect or will the lighting not be visible at all?

I would get them from Massdrop, but shipping just keycaps, I cant justify it. :(

And you will get the underglow, but nothing from through the keycaps. Though, even with backlight compatible keycaps, I still found myself turning it off. :D

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

True but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it permenantly elavated because how the feet are built? Cuz that's a no go for me.

No, they have feet installed but you can remove it easily.

Has someone taken your faith?

Its real, the pain you feel.